Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Trigony House Hotel

Hello,

Well what a great time we had at Trigony, John and I had a fab time but most of all Quincy had a ball. The staff there are so welcoming and to be greeted with such a great welcome with a big greyhound in tow was most appreciated. They have a golden retriever and a mini daschound and there were two other spaniels staying in the hotel. Quincy was the perfect gentleman to them all (I was so proud hehe). They provide you with a dog welcome box on arrival and a bed if you wish, however Quincy is partial to his home comforts, so we took his bed with us. Dogs are welcome in all parts of the hotel apart from the dining room however you can eat in the cosy bar area with the big roaring fire if they dont settle in the room. We never had this problem as Quincy sneaked a few zzz's on our bed as we discovered . The food is of a very high standard also. We are going to head back next year at fireworks time to escape for a few days for Quincy. It was very distressing seeing him so upset and he is usually so confident and never bats an eyelid at any loud noise or bang. However after last weekend he is so nervous at times. There was fireworks on the telly yesterday and he was a quivering wreck.

Anyways we would highly recommend this pet friendly hotel.

Karen, John and Quincy

Re: Trigony House Hotel

Hi, I just read your post. Can you tell me where Trigony House Hotel is as it is very rare to get a hotel that is such dog friendly. Thanks

Gwen x

Found it on google - http://www.trigonyhotel.co.uk/

It's in Dumfries and looks very, very nice!

Hi Gwen,

Its in Dumfries & Galloway, near a little village called Thornhill. We stay in Falkirk and it took us approx. 1 1/2 hours to get there but its such a lovely drive down. We also stopped off in Moffat for our lunch at the Buccleuch arms hotel which is also pet friendly. There are lots of lovely walks round about the hotel and we took a lovely drive down the Solway coast. If your looking for a lovely hotel that welcomes dogs where you dont have to compromise your comfort this is perfect.

Karen