Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Hi-im new on here

Hi all,
Thot id introduce myself,im amanda and am the Prowd owner of 6 rescue hounds-4 greys and 2 lurchers-i am a greyoholic have greys from Gal,SGS,RH,GG and the local pound,i enjoy walking my lot and taking them for a good run once a week-looking forward to gettin to know everyone on here,hoping although i live in Glasgow i can pop along and meet Celia and Jimmy-only thing is i might not leave empty handed-as i cannot resist greys amanda

Ps how do i put pics on here please?

Re: Hi-im new on here

Hi Amanda, it's great to see you here. Looking forward to seeing some photos of your ever growing family! A couple of GRF greys would settle in well with you!

Take care and hope to meet up with you again soon,
Chris, Chris, Vince and Freya

Hi Amanda,
welcome on board. Looking forward to seeing photos.
All I know about uploading photos is that you need to use a host such as photobucket then link to them. No doubt someone will be able to be a bit more precise. Your other option is to email your photos to John the webmaster and he can put them up in "post your pics".

Michele

Thankyou Chris and Michelle ye i do hope to meet all you wonderful folk at some point (as soon as i get another car) carless at the mo.... my friend Sam Fulson helps out at kennels on a tues,and my other best friend Nikki, knows a nice couple on here who help out at kennels every weekend cant remember their names now

Have remembered the names now its George and Morag who lives beside my friend Nikki xxxxx she tells me how wonderful they are with helpin out

Hi Amanda,
Thanks for the nice words.
Are you at this end of the city then since you know Nicki? or do you travel to meet up.
We live at the other end of the estate from Nicki and don't see her often, although we got a little catch up when we met one of Nicki's (relations I think) daily till she lost her black Lab dog Bella to Cancer about 1 month ago such a shock. Bella had been in remission since last January I think.
Our two Billy and Lassie always get on well with Nicki's dogs when we do meet.
As you will know from Nicki we stay in Hardgate, Clydebank, and we try to help out at the kennels when we can but it means a round trip of over 100 miles.
Although we are a distance away from the kennels we try to help out in other useful ways.
Like helping upload information and pictures to the forum when the webmaster is unavailable.
This leads me to how to put pictures on the forum, As Michele said previously you need to use a picture host website to upload your pictures. There are various sites Photobucket, Google Picasa, Flicker etc. I prefer Picasa! once uploaded each image will have a embedded link which you have to copy and paste to your message on the forum. you can preview your message at any time to see if the links are working or not and return to edit by make changes.
It does take a little time to perfect but it works better for me to have two windows open one for the forum and the other for your picture host site and then you can toggle between windows. Hope that helps a little.

If you need any other help posting pictures you can email us, email address below.

Thankyou George,
ive managed to do the pics now yes i live in Faifley 5 mins from Nikki,you do a greyt job on helping out xxxxx

Meet up sometime!

It is unusual for us to see any other hounds when we go for our walk usually in Goldenhill Park at Hardgate Cross. It would be nice to meet up with you and your pack some time. We could fill you in a bit more about GRF if you are interested.
Where do you usually walk your pack of six?
If you want you can email us the link is below.
George, Morag Billy and Lassie

Lassie

Billy

Re: Meet up sometime!

Hiya Morag=george,
Ye im defo up for that on meeting up i usually walk my hounds in 3 sets of 2's,as there are alot of uncontrolled hounds up at my place so its alot safer to walk in 2's,wen i have help from Lucy we walk 3 and 3.I walk up the bk of Faifley usually never go near Hardgate Park-lol too many offlead hounds for my boistrous pack,wen i had the car i used to walk them all in vet school and use the arena to run themuntil i get my wheels bk,i cannot go there will be in touch prob after xmass thuogh as this is a busy time for me-i will have 7 hounds from 1st dec,doing a 2 week dog sitting so take care see yous soon amanda xxx

Re: Meet up sometime!

WOW loving your 2 hounds Billy is a beauty also lassie i have a bIG soft spot for the blk hounds xxxxxxxx