Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Temptation!!!

If ever temptation existed, it is in the form of Gypsy, Lady and Cindy. They are absolutely gorgeous, to die for! Oh if only!!!!!!

Re: Temptation!!!

I just love the look on gypsy's face. If thats not a mischievous look I don't know what is hahaha! If only I had more room.

ye i know exactly wot u mean fiona, i havent looked at your homeless due to the fact of temptation,but i have my limit which is 6,no more for me for a bit xxxxx

They are just such gorgeous babies!!! They should run out of the kennels I would have thought tho!!! Totally adorable! x

fn
If ever temptation existed, it is in the form of Gypsy, Lady and Cindy. They are absolutely gorgeous, to die for! Oh if only!!!!!!

You've forgotten Lassie. I hope she doesn't end up being left on the shelf on account of being black

Well said Steve.
We believe that wee Lassie has the nicest nature of all four.

Yes Steve, never noticed Lassie at first, she is also beautiful and just as desirable. The white/blacks catch my eye just now as the lovely old lady I lost recently was white/black and I guess I'm still looking for her on some level. I've been eyeing Josie as well, and Leah, another white/black on sspca site. I do love tuxedo blacks as well tho, have two of them, and theres nothing to beat the gleam of their black coats and the beautiful eyes.
Theres no doubt Lassie will be as sought after as the white/colour girls, no worries there.

they are sweet pups hope they get snapped up quick there are four very lucky people out there when the time comes

I just keep hoping that we can find homes soon for Sweetie, Archie and Paddy. My other favourite is Sophie. I hope these four don't get overlooked. They've waited long enough for their forever homes.

Couldn't agree more, even though we absolutely adore Lucy and Lama, we still check the site daily hoping to see Archie and Sweetie rehomed. Fingers crossed as ever!!

Yeh I always hold my breath hoping that Archie and Sweetie have gone from the "Please choose me" page - they are such a lovely pair!! So many lovely dogs needing homes it just pulls ur heart strings.

we wanted paddy but our boy dont get on with other males or he would have come home with us

I think a puppy's adoption is not always a windfall as it usually requires more commitment, training and spare time. Adopting an adult, mature dog people usually experience fewer problems even if some problems usually occur in the process of setting in a new environment. Obviously puppies are cute, tempting and "toy-like" but they will soon grow up what sometimes is not properly considered by their future owners. Therefore they often end up back in the kennels... I think adult dogs are as beautiful as puppies depending on how deeply we consider the decision about giving them a home. Just take into consideration the pros and the cons

Totally agree stan/polish altho with greys I think that the initial "set up" time commitment is different anyways than "regular" rescue dogs..altho I don't know I might actually start to argue with myself here as I think many people underestimate the amount of time, commitment and patience required to settle any dog into a new home. Personally I have to admit to myself that despite the fact I have spent time over the years wishing a had a well behaved "easy" dog in my life I am not sure that will ever happen as I seem to have a nose for trouble!!lol Altho obviously my Bambi is no longer "trouble" but a very well behaved polite member of the community...well some of the time anyways!!lol

I would have Lassie in a heartbeat. She is absolutely gorgeous. My Lurcher would definitely fancy her!
Would love to get poor wee Roger out of the kennels to! There is nothing worse than them coming from a home back into kennels! Same with Archie, Sweetie and big Paddie

Best of luck finding homes for all these gorgeous greys!
If only more people knew what great pets they make.

Joan, I think that each dog is different and its setting in a new home more depends on what it has experienced in the past. There are traumatised dogs that require more patience and commitment. The ones that used to have a regular home will probably be easier to acclimatise to a new environment. Obviously I totally agree with you there are some "breed traits" that influence the setting in of a dog. Hounds are usually used to a kennel life from the very start so that is the different factor you probably mean.
I would not like the beautiful puppies to be regarded as temporary toys that is why I emphasised they would grow up soon, just to avoid shallowly thinking future owners. Anyway I am convinced that Celia and Jimmy perfectly know about it and are very prudent in this respect.