Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Limping?

Well I certainly like to take my dogs health seriously..but I do wonder if I have just been had by the delightful Bambi.
On walking her late this afternoon in the snow I discovered that after a very short time my poor girl seemed to be limping. On stopping to investigate she lifted each one of her paws up with a very sorrowful look. By this stage I was a little confused as I had imagined maybe she had stood on something sharp in the snow or suchlike and so would have a single paw that was causing her bother. So, we returned home as this difficulty didnt seem to be stopping. Once back into the dry, snow free close the limping suddenly stopped and my little girl was back to her usual self - like immedicately!! Mmm I pondered how could that be??
So, in an earlier post someone asked whether the pink wellies belonged to me or Bambi and as I can only imagine that the limping was caused by cold feet it looks like they wouldnt be a bad idea for her!
Seriously though has anyone else found their hound doing this? And is there any way to help this? I must add she hasnt has any problems with the snow up to tonight and she wasnt out long before it happened. Is it something to worry about or have i just been taken in by a ploy to get in out of the cold??

Re: Limping?

Hi Joan,
Im finding this prob with my 6,alot of them are stopping and holding their feet up i just rub them and cut the walk short do not think theres anything to worry about as its only the snow shes doing it on wellys sound a greyt idea lol

Bambi's not daft!
The novelty of snow has worn off with our guys. We're not walking far as the hounds have made their hate of the cold on their feet obvious but not to Bambi's extent of limping.
Do the words wrapped round and little finger come to mind? Oh, yes!!!!

Ha ha yeh looks like I have been suckered once again!!lol Posted on the other "limping" thread too as I got a bit confused but like I said there its comforting to know that Im not the only one with a clever greyhound who dont want to walk in the snow anymore!!

Joan

You have definately been had. Ace is doing the same, even if he is just going out in the garden for a pee, he does it when he gets in then looks at the biscuit jar!!!

Kaz, Pat and Ace

My two are both doing this. If it had just been my girl I would have thought'drama queen' but the fact that my lad is doing it too it must be really sore. We were on an area this morning with no salt/grit just very cold temperatures and snow and he was quite distressed. Returned to the house straight away. All in all it's just a nightmare, roll on spring!!

Our two do the same, especially if they have to stand still in the snow for more than a few seconds.

They love to have a romp in the snow for about 10 seconds and then belt back indoors at full speed to see who gets to the radiator first.

Shorter walks and avaoiding one particular bit of pavement seem to be doing the trick with Bambi...altho she did point blank refuse to go out for her "quick wee" before I go to work this morning having been out earlier in the morning!!lol I think Ill just have to work with her on her own terms!!lol Hey its not like I dont have to do that the rest of the time!!lol