Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Christmas Hamper Raffle

GRF has been donated a lovely christmas hamper - whisky, wine, irish creme, ham, coffee....
The weather has really hit ticket sales what with the december walk being cancelled and Baltree being inaccessible.

We want to turn this into an online raffle but does anyone have any ideas for paying? Paypal charge 3.4% plus 20p. Celia wants to draw the raffle on the 23rd so help needed please.

Thanks,
Michele

Re: Christmas Hamper Raffle

If payment is by PayPal Gift and the sender has PayPal funds then there is no fee. Would be a shame to line PayPals pockets with fees!

Only other alternative to PayPal that I can think of is by direct bank transfer

OK folks,
if you have funds in your paypal account please use the link to Paypal on the sponsor a kennel pages to pay for your tickets. once you've paid let me know plz and i'll send your ticket numbers

if you want to pay into the bank or have another suggestion please contact me.( email or phone 01382 679270)

Michele

Michele

How much are the tickets?

Karen

Hi Karen & Pat,
tickets are £1/strip

the contents of the hamper are
A bottle each of red wine, white wine, Irish Country Cream, Bells Whisky, shloer
a jar each of coffee, mincemeat, marmalade
a tin of ham
A box of biscuits, box of chocolates and box of teabags
Fairtrade chocolate bars
A christmas pudding, christmas mug and christmas decoration.

Great variety of yummy things that would be great to win

Thanks Michelle
I have sent a paypal payment for 4 tickets £4.00

Karen, Pat and Ace

I just want to clear up a misunderstanding regarding PayPal charges. It is quite true what Michelle says about the 3.4% +20p in regular circumstamces, but I have arranged that GRF is treated as a charity and so only pays 1.4% + 20p, a much better deal, so please go ahead and use PayPal if it is convienient for you.

If you send the money as a GIFT via paypal there is no charges.

So go into the send money part, choose PERSONAL rather than PURCHASE - this will allow you to sent the money to GRF with no fees. Please choose the gift option.

I have used this before and it works.

Tickets are still available for the hamper. Please let me know if you still want some and we'll sort out something.
Extra goodies (cherry and sultana cakes, more bottles, xmas crackers....) have been added to the hamper by several kind people.
Lots of yummy goodies so get your tickets and help give the homeless hounds a happy christmas!!!!!!!!

Michele

Right, got some cleared Paypal funds just now so I'll take a few - what's the paypal address?

Hi Steve,
the paypal address is "greyhoundrescuefife@hotmail.co.uk"
and if you make a note on it hamper raffle tickets.

Cheers,
Michele

Thanks - you have funds