Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Ah - Poor Ace has a sore paw!!

Hi all

Our poor boy has a sorely paw. I noticed a couple of days ago a lump on his front right paw at the back of the back pad. He has been limping when he comes in from the icy garden. Took him to the vets tonight, the vet thinks its a corn so he is now on antibiotics, pain killers, cream, a thick sock and plastic bag on his foot and boy is he milking it!!!
The only thing that seems to make him feel better is a biscuit!! Funny that!! He will go back and see the vet next week, if it doesnt clear up they may have to cut the corn out but we are hoping it doesnt come to that.

Celia and Jimmy, love to you from us all and ignore those stupid childish comments.

We all think you are amazing and support you and all at GRF 150%

Happy new year everyone

Love Kaz, Pat and Ace!!

Re: Ah - Poor Ace has a sore paw!!

Hi Kaz, Pat and Ace.
Oh dear, poor boy. We hope that his paw clears up quickly. Give him an Auntie and Uncle cuddle. That's bound to help.
Thanks for your kind words. We hope the storm has passed. Did they honestly believe we would risk a puppy's life? We rescued it from doubtful conditions. Why would we return it?
Anyway, a Very Happy New Year to you all and we hope to see you all at the kennels soon.
Celia and Jimmy.

Hi Ace,
take it easy and rest that paw. Hope you're back on all fours soon,

The Morrisons car park mob x

awww Healing thoughts to Ace

My big lad had a corn removed in the Summer, cost £140 but within two months he was limping again - seems it's common for them to return.

Good luck with Ace, poor lad and hope his paw is better soon.

Some corns are very deeply rooted. If the vet does not remove it properly it is going to re-grow again. The most important thing is to soften the root (using special creams) and then it should come out. To get the result that Ace needs to wear a dressing all the time until it has come out.

Message from Ace

Thanks everyone for your good wishes. The vet man has given me antibiotics, pain killers and cream which mummy puts on for me. But I have to wear one of Daddys silly socks and it does nothing for my image. Oh well, hopefully it works. But when they are not looking its good fun to get the sock off and play with it!!! The corn is looking smaller already, still sore when I go outside on the ice but mummy has ordered me a special bootie so that may not look so bad as this silly sock.

Love to all my four and two legged friends.

Ace (typed by my mum) xx