Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Two Hounds That Desperately Need A New Home

URGENT THESE TWO HOUNDS DESPERATELY NEED A NEW HOME.

Dog of the month in our December 2010 Newsletter, BRUCE formerly known, as Rab and his girlfriend Morgan have been returned from their home to our kennels for rehoming.

Bruce is a wonderful big boy with a gentle nature both he and Morgan his girlfriend are so sensitive, they are very unhappy in the kennels they have not eaten their dinner, just sitting in their kennel shaking and totally despondent. They just don’t understand what they have done wrong and desperately need a new home.

If you think you can give these dogs a good forever home please give us a call. Positive replies only please.
By Phone: 01592 890583 Please leave a message and we will get back to you if we are unable to answer your call.
email: FERNIEJIMMYF@aol.com

This is Bruce formally Rab desperately looking for a new sofa.

This is Morgan, Isn't she a stunner!

Re: Two Hounds That Desperately Need A New Home

Aw heres hoping a new home is just around the corner for them both they are both beautiful dogs. Does Bruce/Rab not also have a good citizen award of some kind? Thats got to be a good point for him and his little girlfriend to sneak into someones couch and heart!! x

I am so sad to read this. I would love to forster the pair of them. Rab was always a favourite of mine and i am gutted to see he is back at the kennels. Hope these pair find a home soon. I know Rab well and anyone looking for a dog should definately consider these pair of beautiful hounds.

It always breaks my heart when I hear of "The Lucky Ones" being returned to kennels. It must be so confusing for them. It's not the easiest thing in the world to adopt a rescue grey but it's definately the most rewarding thing I have ever done. I am the priveleged one & get rewarded on a daily basis from my greys with unconditional love & affection.
If it was even remotely possible, I would foster them until they find their forever home
Have everything crossed they find it sooner rather than later

I am so sad to hear that these two have been returned. It is so sad as shona has said to see dogs who have made it on to the lucky ones pages being returned. Everyone has their own circumstances though and lets just hope these two find their forever home as soon as possible.

Karen

Sometimes family circumstances change...It is understandable. However sometimes people get bored with their pets (dogs), forgetting that dogs love them unconditionally... What does it result from? Maybe it is a lack of responsibility...

As they say -a dog is for life-cant imagine how these poor dogs feel-Archie and Sweetie have given us so much already

Just a quick update to let everyone know that Bruce and Morgan seem to have taken over already in their new home! I know its a bit soon to say, but things seem to be going OK so far, and although I have reverted to Rab rather than Bruce, he seems to be coping with it - thought I'd get all the trauma over at once! Morgan seems to be quietly confident and might even be the boss! I will add some photos later once we get organised.

Hi Averil,
That is great news and we thank you so much for taking them into your home.
The best part is that we'll see them regularly.
Celia and Jimmy.

Hi Averil,

Been checking to see if you'd give a wee update. Was so pleased when i arrrived at kennels to hear they were going home with you. Pleased all going to plan and they've settled.

Excellent! Hopefully the confused dogs will come round soon! I like happy ends!

All going well so far, both dogs seem to have enjoyed traveling round with me in the car, and are winning over everyone in the village - mind you they don't know that I suspect they are a couple of cat chasers!! Minor details! I also suspect that after they get confident in a couple of weeks we'll see a few more problems but we'll get through them. I hope to get some photos at the weekend and will post them if successful!

WELL DONE AVERIL on taking both into your home xxxxxx

I am so glad they are out of kennels again. Especially after how long Rab was in kennels before! Well done for taking these gorgeous hounds on. I dont know Morgan but out of all the greyhounds i have met Rab will always be the favourite. Good luck and hope they keep up the good behaviour!