Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
great british greyhound walk June 2011

Great British Greyhound Walk Sunday 26th June 2011

What is the Great British Greyhound Walk all about?
If you joined one of the 1649 dogs at one of the 44 walks in 2010 then you’ll know …
it’s an opportunity for greyhound owners around Britain to come together at simultaneous walks they have arranged to celebrate retired racing greyhounds and show everyone that they make great family pets.

If you weren’t involved last year but you want to have a go this year you could make it …
 The start of a new social walking and owner support group.
 An event on your walking groups calendar
 Part of a bigger fundraising day or a PR event to promote the homing of greyhounds
 Or just a one-off event for a group of owners, large or small

Where is it?
At as many locations as possible throughout Britain

How do we get involved?
You can find your nearest walk by checking on our web site www.greatbritishgreyhoundwalk.org.uk
If you already run greyhound walks and would like to have a walk as part of the GBGW then simply register your walk. The form you need can be downloaded from the website above.
If you’ve never run a walk before but are interested then contact us by email, post or through the GBGW website and we can send you our guidelines for running a walk. We’ll give you all the help we can to make your walk as easy as possible. Last year there were lots of first time walks which have now become regular events, so beware, it can be addictive! Once your walk’s registered we’ll keep in touch with regular updates

What time?
We’d love everyone to walk at 10am then we would truly have x thousands of greyhounds walking together at the same time, plus it’s not too hot at that time and leaves time at the end for activities.

GBGW Contact details
Walks co-ordinator : Janet Peacock (Greyhound Walks)
Tel: 07983 430352
Email: info@greatbritishgreyhoundwalk.org.uk

..or send us a pm on this forum and we will aim to answer all of your questions

Re: great british greyhound walk June 2011

Done it last year will do again this year xxxx

We're interested in doing the walk- there was nothing local last year.
anyone else around Dundee interested or would somewhere more central to Baltree be better? Come on folks- let's show our hounds off to the world and hopefully generate some interest.

Michele

Hi Michelle

Me & Stevie are interested in going to the great british greyhound walk in June. Not sure where the nearest one is tho.

Would love to take Sweetie and Archie to this

Hi Elaine and Heather,
GBGW have a website giving more details but I don't think any are organised for East Scotland yet. Last year the nearest to us were Aberdeen/Edinburgh I think.
I guess anyone interested has the following options to either wait and see if something gets organised or to organise our own. On the GBGW website it gives several options for types of walk:
* If you have a group who already hold regular walks for greyhounds and lurchers then you could hold one of your walks on that day.
* If you are in an area that has no walks how about organising one for 26th June? 2010 saw a lot of people organise a walk for the first time and many of those now have a regular walk.
* If you're a greyhound or lurcher owner interested in joining a walk in your area, keep an eye on the website to see if there's a walk round your way and contact your local rehoming group to see if they're arranging a walk. You can also let us have your details on the contact form and we'll keep you up to date.
* If you can't join a walk why not have your own little 'micro' walk ... let us know where you are though so we know.

If it was agreed we could either move the usual walk or organise something ourselves in addition to the usual monthly walk. I'm all for organising something extra. What do people feel about this?

Michele

Michele

We would love to be on a walk in Dundee

Kaz, Pat and Ace

Yeh Id be up for the walk whether it be in Dundee or elsewhere! x

Could manage Dundee or somewhere similar not too far from Fife

Michele I would be up for helping with any organisation if something was gonna be done - just let me know if I can do anything to help!! x (Bambi says she will help too as long as it doesnt involve being tricked into spending time in a cold sainsburys car park!!lol)

Dear Bambi,
June should be a lot warmer and I think a park with a lot of trees would be an interesting place to sniff. Maybe Camperdown or somewhere similiar- easy parking, easy to find. Tell your mum our 2 legger will be in contact.

Goldie Billy and Toby.

Dear Goldie, Billy & Toby
That sounds like a plan - perhaps if it is really warm I will be able to act pleasantly and speak to Toby as well as Goldie and Billy ( altho I can't guarantee this it depends on my mood on the day...lol)Heres to warmer days!!

Luv Bambi!! x

.. and dont forget to let us know you are doing one so we can add you to the map and the numbers
there may be other people looking to join you

we have also added a forum to our website so you can pop into ask questions or get updates for your area

http://www.greatbritishgreyhoundwalk.btck.co.uk/Forum

please let us know of any events you hear of so we can tell anyone who wishes to join in

please let us know if you organise a walk - we have people looking to join walks
we can add you to the web site list

cant get to a main walk?
still want to join in??

You can!

Just let us know through the web site - who you are and where you are
we will list you as a mini walk
your stroll out with your houndies at 10am on the 26th june - and let us know how many houndies walked

Every hound counts

Come on everyone - lets get more than 2011 houndies out promoting houndies in 2011