Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
2 young Greyhounds with a day to live

two greyhounds
one male, one female
15 months old
both are white and brindle
both were field racers

There are two young greyhounds in Antrim pound who only have two days left before they'll be destroyed.

If anyone can help, please contact: Firmount vets 02894 463265 or Antrim Council 02894 463113

the pound will keep them for a week if there's a definite home , otherwise they will be destroyed tomorrow!

I found this on the internet. Does anyone know where these kennels are and if they are on a bus route?

Thanks!

Re: 2 young Greyhounds with a day to live

This is the outskirt of Belfast - N.Ireland.

Hi there I have just read your e/mail regarding the greyhounds,there is a rescue centre in Wales called Many Tears who regularly go to Ireland to collect dogs from the pound,if you contact them they may be able to help.

Hi Erin,
We have contacted the local rescue kennels in Belfast and left a message. Hopefully they will be saved in time.
Celia and Jimmy.

I've heard these 2 are now safe.

So where are the dogs? Ireland. I was going to take the pair for fostering. Glad they are safe

Hi Paula,

I don't know where they are, just that they managed to get a rescue space.

This is so sad. Hugely relieved they are safe now, phew

PHEW so relieved to read these 2 yound hounds are ok xxxx

I phoned the vets they are at and was reassured they were not going to be put to sleep. They have a kennel space so hopefully they will find forever homes soon!

Good news! That would be abhorrent to put the dogs to sleep without the right reason. How can things like that happen...? Two young, healthy dogs...