Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
cats.

Hi

In the last 13 years I have had 4 greyhounds, 3 ex racers straight from the kennels they were bred & raced at from edinburgh (all were related) & one pup no use for racing from elsewhere.

I unfortunately lost my 13 year old man in dec leaving me with 1 grey, the pup I had & is now 9 1/2 years old.

I am currently in touch with a local rescue (aberdeenshire) RE fostering & have been in touch with my 3 bridge babys old owner & know I could get another hound from him (he also does RGT work)

Unfortunately it seems like I might not be suitable from out local rescue as i have 1 indoor cat (unless they get a cat friendly dog in) so wondering if I'd face the same problem regardless which rescue I contacted.
Oddly my 3 ex racers straight out of kennels never had a problem with my then 2 cats altho i always said had a cat ever ran out in the garden etc I wouldnt bet they wouldnt chase.

Cheers in advance, 2 months down the line & am not used to having 1 hound & part of me is worried incase i DO get used to only having 1.

Lynn X

Re: cats.

Hi Lynn,
I think you should discuss this problem directly with Jimmy and Celia by phone. Everybody knows there are cat-adaptable or cat-friendly hounds. Most responsibility lies on a new owner's side how to introduce a new hound (in)to the family.