Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The newest member of the Finlay household - Lucy (formally known as Fern)

We were looking for a rescue dog and my brother recommended a greyhound would suit us well.
We called and spoke to Celia who had reservations about us both working, but said we could come to visit on Sunday afternoon.
Off we went, excited about meeting a dog that we might, in time, be trusted to look after.
We took Fern for a walk, discussed what arrangements we had in place for making sure she was not left too long on her own, and ended up having her delivered to our house later on that night.
Lucy (as we decided to call her) had never been in a house before so we were prepared for a few accidents and crying during the night but we have not had one bit of bother with her at all.
We had a week off work and used this time to settle her into the house and her new routine. She had met all the family - four grown up children and their partners - who all want to dogsit any time we need them! She is very affectionate, gets very exicted to see new people and is a joy to wake up to each morning!
She stayed overnight with Grandma Joan last night as we were going out for the night (its worse than having a toddler again!) and she behaved very well. We had taken her there for a couple of visits before we left her overnight and I honestly dont think she is fussy where she is as long as her bed and food is there!
She loves her walks and watches out for rabbits which are plentiful on the grassy areas around here. She also gets really excited when she is going to the park. So much so that while she is very keen to get into the car to go to the park, she sometimes refuses to get back into the car at home time!! She can usually be bribed to get back in with a dog biscuit though.
Its only been 2 weeks since we got Lucy but feel like she has been with us forever! Thank you so much for trusting us to look after one of your dogs.
Trish & John x

Re: The newest member of the Finlay household - Lucy (formally known as Fern)

I love it when a new forever home family post & let us all know how everything's going. Sounds like you're all smitten. Will it be long before you get Lacey a wee male companion? They're fabulous in pairs & absolutely no more work to look after