Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Greyhound Holiday Help??

Hi all!

We're looking for a bit of help with our holiday plans....we've got a bit of time off work in April and we're keen to go away for a few nights to a B&B or guesthouse. We live in Dundee and we're looking to go north, maybe to Inverness, Aviemore or somewhere in this area.

We really want to take Bailey with us and we've found a few B&Bs on the internet but I'm wondering if anyone has been to a nice B&B or guesthouse that are happy to take greyhounds.

Also, we're going abroad in June for a week..could anyone recommend good boarding kennels to put Bailey in? Feeling a bit nervous about leaving him so would love to put him somewhere that was recommended....

Any advice would be appreciated....

Re: Greyhound Holiday Help??

Not sure of any b&b's up that way, but I can very highly recommend Gartlove boarding kennels near alloa clackmannanshire. Not sure how far this would be for you to travel. We have had quincy in a few times here and he loves it. This is kennels my parents have used for years upon years with their viszlas and they are fab with the dogs. I would not hesistate to recommend to anyone.

Karen

Had our greyhound Stacey in Quarrybrae Kennels near Ladybank, she has been really well looked after there, we have had her in for periods of 4 weeks at a time, never any problems

My last greyhound was a real wimp and when left in the house or car for more than 2 seconds would bark the place down, so he used to go to Haer Cairn kennels in Blairgowrie every day, and I can highly recommend them. They really spoiled him and made sure they knew all about greyhounds so that they could look after him well, even when towards the end of his life he had bone cancer. The make sure the dogs get out regulary and have both single and double kennels. My two, Rab and Morgan have been in once for a day and coped well, so I can definately recommend them! Averil