Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
DOG SHOW UPDATE INFORMATION

There is a poster available for you to download on the Fife Dog Show page or you can download it here.

Re: DOG SHOW UPDATE INFORMATION

We are now urgently looking for items/gifts for our show tombola and raffle. Both of these items help us raise a substantial amount of money which all goes to ensuring our current incumbents are well looked after until they find their forever home.

Currently we have 3 sponsorship opportunities still left for sale. It would make a massive difference to this years show if we could eventually sell these. Full details can be found on our March newsletter.

With your support and help we can make this year's show the best ever

All classes at this year's show have once again been sold !!!!!!
Thank you all very much for your support and will have details on the dog show page shortly.

We still have a couple of items that we would like to find sponsorship for, although these are a little bit more expensive they certainly go a long way to helping our cause and ensuring that every penny raised goes to the kennels. So if you know of a company/organisation that maybe looking for some local advertisement then please put them in touch. Alternatively as we are coming up to year end you may have some extra money that you don't want to give to tax man so here is your opportunity to not only do that but help a worthwhile cause at the same time

See sponsorship link or last month's newsletter for full details

Van for dog show

I am posting this here to see if there is anybody out there who has a van or knows someone that maybe able to help us out.

Basically we require a van to collect some tables/chairs for us on Saturday afternoon (7th May) and also be on hand on Sunday afternoon to take back. I would imagine approx couple of hours each time (maybe even leass).

We have looked into hiring vans but it is extremely costly (want to maximise donations for GRF) so we would be grateful if anybody out there could help us out or give us a contact

Hi Alex & Lynne

While incapacitated after spraining my ankle I began knitting ear warmers from odds and sods of wool left over from jumpers etc. I am willing to donate you some of them if you are interested. They are in a variety of colours with contrasting flowers attached. I can send you a photo if you require. Possibly it is not the right time of year to be offering these but they would come in handy for dog walking on cold mornings.
I'll leave them at the kennels on Tuesday for you if you want.
Regards Nova

Hi Nova

Thank you very much for your generous donation and I look forward to seeing them when I visit the kennels at the weekend, once again thank you

Just back from the bank after paying in yesterday's takings it took a while
Anyway once I had done all the calculations our total for this years show far surpassed last years total of £1935

in all we raised £2,790.00 so to everybody who helped out yesterday your hard work has been worth it. Hopefully we can also raise some interest in a few of our dogs

The total is now £2870.00 (PAH also raised £80 on their stand for GRF)

The total has once again been updated it now stands at £3214.00

First of all congratulations to Heidi and Scott for winning this years Best in Show final. With just 2 dogs left to decide who was going to be this year's winner either choice would have been a first ! i.e. first non greyhound and first female greyhound to win, so well done Heidi.

I am currently putting together this month's newsletter which will be a dog show special however, I didn't get a chance to speak to our winner to get some information about Heidi for the newsletter so if anybody out there knows Heidi and Scott can you ask them to get in touch with myself and we will run a feature on our first female winner

Greyhound Rescue Fife 2011 Virtual Dog Show

After the huge success of the show I am pleased to be able to post the pictures of the show. This will give you the opportunity to relive some of the highlights if you were at the show. Or If you were unable to attend the show it will give you an idea of how well the show was enjoyed by everyone and their dogs and an idea of the relaxed family atmosphere at the show.

Our Major Sponsor For The Show

Click here To Read The Programme

Click Here To View Full Size Wall Advert

Click Here To See All The Pictures From The Show

Click Here To See All The Pictures From The Show

The First Homeless Hounds Parade Video

The Second Homeless Hounds parade

Jimmy's Birthday Surprise