Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
My concept of volunteering...Am I right or wrong?

Wherever you need to work as a team you have to respect other people's views and ideas and if you do not agree with them that should be discussed to work out something optimal to make everyone involved satisfied unless some gross mistakes have been made and become very detrimental to the very idea, quality or to the team itself. There are no place for the people who want to subject others to themselves. Obviously there is no place for anarchy either so there must be a respected and open-minded boss who is responsible for all the work and he/her should intervene when necessary. That is why some rules are usually set up priorly that have to be accepted by all who want to work towards the priorly-specified goals. There is no place for any bossy people who want to make "a career" in volunteering at the cost of others... "A career in volunteering..." That even sounds funny, does not it? That is my personal concept of volunteering. I might be wrong anyway...

Re: My concept of volunteering...Am I right or wrong?

Any other ideas, folks?

Re: My concept of volunteering...Am I right or wrong?

Stan,

There are many reasons why people would volunteer to do something. It may help them occupy their time, help with self esteem by doing something worthy, or help in a quest for recognition in some way. Whatever the motives, so long as the volunteering is mutualy benficial for all concerned I think it is a good thing.

In this post I think you're talking about the way people deal with things when they fall out. This isn't restricted just to volunteers - the same thing happens with friends, team mates and employer/employees. Sadly whenever two or more people are involved in anything some sort of politics can end up rearing its ugly head.

As for the "I don't like you any more, and neither does my (allegedly) imaginary friend" type posts that have appeared on the forum I completely agree with what you've said in those posts - private grievances should remain private.