Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
New Friend

Hi Folks, I have a lovely female Greyhound (Jenny) and have had her for over 5 years. I have been thinking about getting her some Company, but don't know how she would react to this as she has her moments. Has anyone else out there brought in another Greyhound into the fold and how did they react? I also wondered if it would be best to get a male companion as opposed to a female. Look forward to your advice. Diane and Jenny.

Re: New Friend

Hello Diane - I have an 11 year old bitch, Annie, whom I have had for the past 7 years. Last June I fell in live with Mikey at the kennels, a 4 year old bit of a lad, I had to have him but worried about Annie, his getting his forever home was totally dependant on her. They are fabulous together, my old girl has a new lease of life and Mikey would protect her to the death I think. Their relationship is remarkable and I have no regrets whatsoever. I think a male dog would be the preferred choice, pick the right dog and give it a go!

My feeling on this would be a male dog, and to take your dog to the kennels so she can meet any potential companion - you'll soon see if the they'll get on.

The amount of hounds at the kennels she much like at least one of them! Go for it. The more the merrier :D

Hi Diane,
If you are interested 'phone us on 01592 890583 evenings.
Celia and Jimmy.

Thank you all for your very kind advice. I will keep Celia & Jimmy's number. Jenny has just come home from the vets after having a few teeth removed, god love her. I will let her get over that, then I will definitely organise a visit to the kennels. Lots of thanks again x

HI DIANE

I WAS ADVISED TO GET A MALE GREYHOUND
BECAUSE I ALREADY HAD A FEMALE GREYHOUND
AND ALSO A FEMALE YORKIE.

GOT HIM IN JULY 2010 WENT A WALK TOGETHER
DOWN THE STREET THEN WENT IN MY GARDEN
ALL THE GREYS GOT ON TOGETHER BUT MY YORKIE
DIDNT LIKE ONE OF THE MALES THE RESCUE
PEOPLE BROUGHT WITH THEM BUT SHE IGNORED
THE OTHER GREYHOUND. ALL LIVING HAPPILY
NOW. SO TAKE YOUR GREY TO CELIA PLACE