Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Maj is NOT being fostered anymore - SHE'S HOME!

On Saturday 26th March I took my dogs, Cal my adorable 14 year old Lurcher and Fingal (Finn) my mischievous 7 year old terrier cross to Fife and Celia and Jimmy let me take Madam home! I was so happy as I'd fallen in love with her immediately but unfortunately she was never going to settle in with us so it was with a very heavy heart I made the trip back to Fife yesterday (Monday). We tried another beautiful bitch in the run but Finn did not like her one bit - although he was fine with Madam but CAL did not like Madam.

I was really lucky because when we got back from having the dogs out in the run, Maj had just come back from her holidays. She was another case of instant love and bonding and again, I feel so priveleged to be her companion and cannot thank Celia and Jimmy enough for their patience and understanding. Anyway, she came home with me and she's staying.

She was really sick in the car on the way home, I don't know whether there had been too much activity in her wee life yesterday but we weren't far from home and once she was in and had a good poke round the place (an hour or so) she settled a bit more and although today has not been problem free, patience and time will help her improve.

She's had a couple of poos in the house - she ate most of the first one before I had time to grab a poo bag and there's been a wee bladder problem but I know that will sort itself out once she realises she has a regular walking routine.

She goes in on Thursday to be speyed and microchipped so she'll be getting extra loves and cuddles when I pick her up.

Her new name, by the way, is Lexi-Belle (just Lexi for calling}. She just looks like a Lexi and Belle is after a very much loved dog who is no longer with us.

Will update on her post-operation progress.

Vi, Cal and Finn.

X

Re: Maj is NOT being fostered anymore - SHE'S HOME!

Excellent news

I think you are correct about her reason for being sick in the car; she is a nervous wee soul and it was probably quite a lot for her to take in yesterday.

The pee & poop in the house again is probably down to her nerves as she was never keen on being outside for too long (we had to put her in garden with our 3 and shut the door so that she understood she was outside for a reason i.e. to do the toilet) but once she gets used to your routine I'm confident she will understand what you want her to do.

Love the new name you have given her and I think it was a good idea to change her name as she never responded to Maj once when she was with us!! She responded to Forth, Minnie or Jack though

She is an extremely loving greyhound and simply just wants to be loved and it's great she has found someone who is willing to spend time and patience giving her the home she deserves.

Best wishes Ben, Lyndsey, Forth, Jack and mental Minnie

ps please feel free to email us if you have any questions about Miss Maj/Lexi Belle, we will be more than happy to try and help with anything.

thanks for speaking to me about lexi belle today Vi, i'm glad she's found a forever home and i'm sure she'll settle in well with you.

Lexi was speyed yesyerday and is doing really well. I took her to Celia and Jimmy's vet in Fife and they were marvellous with her. The 'wee' accidents are still happening but I know it's going to take time and patience. She and Finn, my wee terrier, are becoming close and sometimes lie together on the floor or the couch although Lexi's finding it a wee bit difficult to get on the couch after her op.

On a HUMOROUS???????? note; it's a good job I don't:
(a) have any imminent social functions to attend
(b) need to have my photograps taken for any reason
(c) have an overwhelming desire to smile at everyone.

WHY???

SHE ATE MY TEETH!

Vi
SHE ATE MY TEETH!

Fair enough - everyone knows that teeth are for eating

And in the morning they'll be smiling at you from their fresh new brown home

My word!!

I've heard of dogs chewing plenty but teeth are a new one on me!

How thankful am I that I didn't leave my teeth lying around when she stayed with us

Jeepers Vi.
We knew you could meet some teething problems, but ------------------- she didn't need to take it literally!.

Oh Vi you made me laugh there. I woke both my greyhounds up laughing. I used to be a dental nurse and there were many reasons people had for needing new teeth but I don't remember anyone saying their dog had eaten them!!

It reminded me of the first couple of months after we got our girl Allie. We used to get up in the morning and she had collected things in her bed, some things to eat others just because she could. We got up one morning and she had a bag of potatoes, a tub of pot pouri and a camera in her bed. Makes me laugh thinking about it!!

There was another time she ate 3/4 of a large tin of Roses (that had the lid on when I went to bed-goodness knows how she got it open). We got up in the morning and she had strawberry creme all over her face and the funniest bit of all she had left the yellow toffee pennies. Thankfully the vet wasn't too worried. She came to work with me for the day and felt better when she sicked the whole lot up. Dogs, who would have them:-)

Hi Vi

Hope the wee girl is doing well and that you have some new teeth,

Liz