Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Jazz's first night in her forever home!

Hi folks just a wee update to let you know how Jazz got on first night in her forever home.

Took her about 50 mins to get to know the place once she had we had dinner, she was a bit jumpy at the plates so i put her to bed while we ate, she cried for a bit but we let her know we were still here and she seemed to adjust to that well.

Had a walk round the park and she walked well, took the muzzle but didnt need it, we met a few dogs but she wasn't really that interested. Also 2 cats, they didnt seem to bother her either.

Bedtime started off well, she slept for 2.5 hours downstairs alone. She cried for a bit, i didnt go straight to her I waited but was wary incase she wanted a wee(she didnt ) put her back to bed and I stayed on the stairs for a bit reasuring her I was still there and she went back over to sleep for about an hour. In the end I sleep on the couch with Jazz in her bed and she slept till 6am. Our last dog slept in our room and if possible Id prefer Jazz not to, however I realise she will be scared and lonely at first so I will try to persist with the downstairs bed. She done the stairs last night too, up and down 2day no problem.

She had a good walk this morning and a wee nap after. I went out for 40 minutes and left her, she cried for a bit(I waited outside till she settled) when I came back she was out for another walk with uncle ally!!!!

So all in all not too bad a start.

Re: Jazz's first night in her forever home!

I am so glad to hear about Jazz to have found her forever home!Every living creature is more or less scared in their new environment. I think Jazz has the traits of a wonderful family companion.
Very best wishes,
Stan

Re: Jazz's first night in her forever home!

Hi Tracey,

Glad to hear things have gone well so far. We did the same with Suzie on the first night and I ended up sleeping on the couch for the first night. She cried a bit again on the second night but since then we've not had a sound out of her. She sleeps fine in the living room knowing that we are only upstairs.

If it's what you want then stick to it and she'll get used to it, and the affection you get every morning is so worth it.

All the best.

Evan