Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
A holiday for Bambi?

Hi Guys
I am at the moment pondering on what to do for a summer holiday this year and have been playing with the idea of going somewhere in the countryside with my Bambi. However, am struggling somewhat with finding where may be suitable due to a number of issues:
1)Holiday destination needs to be dog friendly but preferrably not be so dog friendly there are dogs running everywhere so that Bambi (and myself!lol) are half demented by the end of the first day!I don't suppose there is a greyhound only caravan site anywhere is there??lol
2)Cost!!! Have seen some lovely places but as there will only be myself and Bambi going it seems it is very very expensive!

I dont really care where i go but prob not outwith Scotland and I dont care what kind of accomodation it is either!The other possibility is that I pick a time that my dad is free and leave poor Bambi at home (and for the price of some of the places Ive seen I could easy go abroad for a week!) or Bambi and I just holiday at home again...awww!lol So any suggestions any of you may have would be gratefully received!! x

Re: A holiday for Bambi?

Have you read the latest newsletter? Check out Greenpark Wigwams. We're going up there for 3 days with 4 and 2 legged kids in the summer.
Easy drive, dog friendly and cheap.

Michele

Hi Joan,
It's been a few years now but I had a great holiday with 3 lurchers at Tralee Bay (near Oban). They have both mobile homes and log cabins to rent and the site is just a few hundred yards from a quiet beach (with a rabbit warren just behind!!!).
It's a lovely spot and good for touring (eg,ferry to Mull). Website is www.Tralee.com. Tel: 01631 720255.
Hope you and Bambi have lovely holiday, wherever you go.
Bon voyage,
Marion

Thanks guys will check these out! I havent read the newsletter as when I tried to open it it would not work! x