Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Thank you all

Well what a day and amount raised towards the kennels and our current incumbents posting some extraordinary figures (don’t want to say to much as currently putting together our May dog show special newsletter !!!!! – and you thought it was over !!!!), with the main beings the amount raised (in case you have not seen the other posts it was £3214.00 !) and the attendance which was just under 400 !!!! yes almost 400 people came through the doors at one point or another over the day a fantastic attendance and I think that helped generate the great atmosphere of the show this year.

Obviously this didn’t happen by accident a lot of hard work is done behind the scenes at least up to 6 months beforehand and sometimes even longer (i.e. currently putting a list together now of what we did well and were we can improve on !) so to all these guys who have worked tirelessly behind the scenes we thank you very much for making this the best show to date. Your dedication behind the scenes has been exemplarily and is the reasons why we get turn outs like this at our show. However, we have now set the bar quite high! Whether that is good/bad will remain to be seen but at the end of the day although the money raised helps towards making our current dogs more comfortable. The main reason for doing is to highlight the plight of the greyhound expelling many of the current myths about them and show what excellent pets they can make and I think this year we have done that very successfully.

So to everybody who helped out and came along to support our cause on the day and contributed to making this show such a success thank you all very much.

(P.S. Next year will be our 5th anniversary! So get the thinking caps on for some ideas !!)