Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Inspirational

After my first visit to GRF a few weeks ago and having left feeling as if I had known Jimmy and Celia for Years, I felt that I just had to post a little message to praise Jimmy, Celia and all the volunteers who all devote their time and love to these wonderful hounds.
At first glance of GRF, the setting, the kennels, the walking route, the runs etc etc it truly is a sight to behold however this really is just the tip of the iceberg and it's not until I met both Jimmy, Celia and some of the many volunteers that I could really appreciate the beauty in what goes on at GRF.
To think that GRF has rehomed over 480 hounds is truly admirable however I left GRF knowing that 480 is just a number and that these people will go on rehoming hounds for as long as possible.
I personally think that it's very easy to judge people in today's society however these people that make GRF operate successfully are truly Inspirational.
Thanks again to Jimmy and Celia for making me feel welcome.
Long live GRF.

Re: Inspirational

Thanks Bobby for offering some well deserved praise for Jimmy and Celia and the volunteers at GRF. I am in absolute awe of what they do and the genuine dedication and love for the dogs comes through so clearly whenever you meet Jimmy and Celia. Also the way that Jimmy comes over in the TV interviews like the recent one at Channel Fife, shows an air of professionalism and knowledge that would be worthy of anyone who works in the media as a profession.

I am just the webmaster for the GRF website but I am pleased to be involved with the best greyhound rescue group that I know, albeit from long distance via the computer. As you say Bobby, long live GRF and all our thanks to two wonderful souls, Jimmy and Celia Fernie.

John. More than just a Webmaster!!!

John,
You are not just the Webmaster, You are a valued part of the team!!!
Without your expertise of websites many people including ourself's would not have found Greyhound rescue Fife.
We have changed the lives of the two Greyhounds Billy and Lassie that we adopted but our own as well.
Being involved with Greyhound Rescue Fife like yourself from a distance, has been so fulfilling for us. Although not at the kennels that often we watch the website constantly to see what has happened and to see the lucky ones to have found their for ever homes. As one hound goes out another lucky hound comes in to Baltree and thanks to you we get to meet them before we visit the kennels again.
Without the help of all our volunteers GRF could not run, As Celia and Jimmy could not do it on their own. Everyone does their bit to help but because of distance it is not always hands on at the kennels it is behind the scenes helping in other ways.
John you are one of them THANK YOU!!
George, Morag, Billy and Lassie

Re: John. More than just a Webmaster!!!

I do not know what to add to the above posts...The only thing I can say is that I wholeheartedly agree to what has been said before(above)

Re: John. More than just a Webmaster!!!

Thank you all for your kind words. However as George says it is a team game. We could not function without all our volunteers. John, we would only have found homes for a small fraction of our rehomed dogs without your wonderful website which you spend so much of your valuable time on for us. George and Morag, how many rescues can boast great volunteers who come to the kennels from 60 miles away? Success only comes from a great team effort.
Celia and Jimmy.