Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Pilot

Hi everyone, Pilot is now in his new home in Orkney. He coped with the long journey and trip on a ferry, very well yesterday, and seems to like his new home and surroundings. (although he is not keen on my friend's Cockerpoo when we went for a walk today!!- both on leads and Pilot with muzzle) He has mastered doing wees and poos outside. So far he has got hold of one of my furry mock leopard slippers and shook it and also one of my hiking boots and he really fancies the tassles on some of the cushions...
Considering his steep learning curve, he is doing really well. (and he has definitely got the hang of 'no') Will post some photos soon. Many thanks Celia & Jimmy for all the emails and advice - and Happy belated Birthday Jimmy! Computer has been playing up, so haven't seen the video clips yet. Dear Pilot is certainly a very different character to my previous Greyhound, Mindy - but much loved already.

Re: Pilot

Hi Iona,

Lovely to hear that Pilot is settling in well. Always a bonus when they pick up the toilet training quickly!!

Keep us posted as to how he's doing. One of the nicest things about helping at the kennels is when the new owners post to let us know how the hounds are doing. It's nice to see them become much loved family members.

Re: Pilot

Thanks Karen! I wish I was near enough to help out at the kennels. It was difficult to choose from so many beautiful dogs, from so far away. Pilot has been a very good boy so far. We are going for a walk on the beach in a minute. (We are only about 100 metres from it)