Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Puffy face

Yesterday my greyhound Charlie's face was puffy on one side just under his left eye. He wasn't crying and it didn't stop him eating. We assumed he had been stung by a bee as he often snaps at them if they are buzzing near him. The swelling appeared to go down slightly last night but this morning he now has the swelling on the other side of his face. He doesn't seem to be in distress. My other greyhound Rosie is fine. Has anyone come across anything like this before?

Re: Puffy face

It sounds like it could be an allergy, but if I were you I would be calling the vet and having it checked out. If your vet isn't open today and you have taken out pet insurance most policies include a 24 hour vet helpline. Hopefully it's nothing to worry about but better safe than sorry.

Hi Sandra,
I have a whippet/lurcher called Lucy who had the same thing last year round about this time, the vet told me it was an allergy to something but we never did find out what, it lasted a few days moving from one side of her face to another then gradualy dissapeared, just waiting to see if it appears again this year as I thought it may be grass pollen.

Swelling on face went down but took Charlie to vet anyway. Vet couldn't explain why swelling moved from side to side so thought he might have been stung by nettles. However during check up found he had a gum infection so he is now on antibiotics. Charlie is bit of a wimp when it comes to getting his teeth brushed so maybe not getting them cleaned as well as he should. Can be a bit of an achievement to get them done.

Thanks to those who replied. It was a bit of a worry when he was looking like Marlon Brando from The Godfather.

Sandra
Thanks to those who replied. It was a bit of a worry when he was looking like Marlon Brando from The Godfather.

That's a relief. Give him a bonio to make it all better - make him an offer he can't refuse!!!!!!!!