Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Very Best Wishes from Stan (in Poland now) to All at GRF and to GRF's friends

Hi Everyone at GRF!
I have arrived in Poland and been struck by a heat wave staightaway. It is really warm (hot) but it is probably what I need at the moment. The temperature sometimes goes up to 35-36 C in the summer. It is 30C at the moment. I live in Krakow( full of tourists at the moment!), quite close to the Tatras (the highest Polish mountains). Fortunately I live on the outskirts so I can experience some peace and silence and enjoy spending most of the time with my family and friends.
Unfortunately I have a very little chance to see a greyhound here...practically there are no English Greyhounds here apart from few Polish Greyhounds which are different to their English cousins. The Polish Greygound is more stubborn I think and is different in look as well.
I hope you all are very well at GRF. I am keeping my fingers crossed for all the newcomers and current residents to find their forever homes very soon!

Re: Very Best Wishes from Stan (in Poland now) to All at GRF and to GRF's friends

Hi Stan,
I hope you are enjoying seeing your family again.

Best wishes,
Michele

Re: Very Best Wishes from Stan (in Poland now) to All at GRF and to GRF's friends

Thanks Michele!

Hi Stan,
We hope that you have a great holiday and a well deserved rest.
Celia and Jimmy.

Hi Celia and Jimmy,
I am trying to enjoy every moment of my holiday. The weather forecast says it is going to be hot and a bit thundery at times, a typical Polish summer. But who knows what it will be like...
I hope that the intaking of the new dogs goes smoothly.
Thank you for your wishes.
All the best,
Stan

Hope your having a greyt time xxxxxxxxxx amanda

Thanks Amanda. I have been enjoying the time close to family and friends.

Hope you have a lovely time seeing all your friends and family in Poland. Krakow is a gorgeous place, I believe.

Hi Kathleen!
Thank you very much. I think Krakow is a nice city, full of tourists at this time of year. They enjoy visiting all the ancient places and hundreds of pubs, restaraunts etc. They usually go to Wieliczka, a town bordering with Krakow, to visit one of the oldest salt mines in the world.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wieliczka_Salt_Mine

When I was a student I loved all the hustle and bustle of the city centre. Now I prefer to stay somewhere quiet and closer to nature. Thank God my house is a bit far away from the city centre, on the outskirts.