Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Great British Greyhound Walk Sunday 26th June.

I'm just awaiting confirmation from Dundee City Council but all going well a GBGW will be held at Camperdown Park in Dundee start time 11am Sunday 26 June.
The walk will last about an hour and all the usual GRF walk rules apply- scoop the poop, keep on a lead, muzzle if you feel necessary.
Everyone is most welcome and I hope we will be joined by sighthound owning members of the public.
If weather permits is anyone interested in staying on for a picnic or there are several fast food places nearby.
Any questions please feel free to post or email me.

Thanks
Michele

http://www.camperdownpark.com/

Re: Great British Greyhound Walk Sunday 26th June.

Sounds fab! Will u let us know nearer the time whereabout it camperdown park to meet up? x

Great Michelle. We will be there. Are there any posters advertising the event - I can see if I can put some up

Regards
Karen, Pat and Ace

Sounds great Michele, see you all there!

Steven, Elaine, Lama & Lucy

i do wish i lived nearer you all id come on your walk and picnic xxxxxx

Hope you don't mind a stranger turning up?!
I am visiting my parents in Perth that weekend and so can't take part in my local walk in Milton Keynes but I still wanted to do the walk

I have only been a greyhound owner for 6 weeks but enjoying every minute of it.

Emma and Holly the Greyhound

Hi Emma,
you and Holly are most welcome to join us! We all have the same hope, to show the world what marvellous dogs greyhounds are and that they make great pets.

Camperdown Park is just off the Kingsway- postcode DD2 4TF.
Start time 11am, parking- gravel car park on the right hand side about halfway along the main avenue in. Look out for the GREYHOUND WALK/GREYHOUND RESCUE FIFE BANNER. The walk will last about an hour following existing paths in the park. It's a great wildlife area and you may be lucky enough to spot red squirrels.

It all sounds very exciting and the word's out about the GBGW walk! I met a greyhound owner last week in Dundee who had read about the walk on GBGW website and was very excited so hopefully it's a sign that a lot of people will turn up!

I think a picnic sounds lovely after and I think a lot of people would be up for that.

Michele, are there any posters available that I could stick up around some local places in Dundee?

Thanks,
Angela

Hi Angela,
I have A5 flyers and business cards GBGW sent so if we arrange to meet up I'll give you some. If you email me (marfykiwi@sky.com) we'll sort something asap.

Thanks,
Michele

Michelle
Bring some flyers with you tomorrow. I'll see if I can get some put up

Karen

Hi Karen,
You'd better watch taking Fife flyers to Dundee.
They are the great rivals of Dundee Stars ice hockey team !!!!!!

Good one Jimmy.
Camperdown is very close to the ice arena. Shame there's not a game on afterwards.

Michele and the Paw Boy

Just a thought- be prepared, bring insect repellant!

Im heading to one in Edinburgh with my trio, can't wait

Come on guys. Lets make the GRF walk a great part of the Great Britain Greyhound Walk. Lets see how many dogs we can muster. Remember, dogs on leads and pickupdapoo.
Celia and Jimmy.

Im off to the Gal one in strathclyde park xxxx hope all has a greyt day xxx

Keeping fingers crossed for a day like today for tomorow!!! See u all in the morning!!x ps should be ok finding my way to this one!!!lol

Hi there just seen this for tomorrow. will there be rescue dogs there too? Since our last grey was PTS (meningitis) we have only started to speak about getting another dog.

My daughter and i would love to have a walk with one

Best wishes

Frank

Hi Frank,
Yes and you are very welcome to come along.
Very best wishes,
Celia and Jimmy. GRF.

Kirsty and I had great time - though like Lilly, safe to say we are a bit exhausted!

Best wishes

Frank

It rained before, it rained after but it did not rain during the GBGW today. It was great to see new faces today and you're most welcome to join us again at any future events.
There are still a couple of totals to come in but the total of dogs walking today so far is 2209 and the organisers are really pleased to have beaten the aim of 2011 dogs.
If anyone has any photos from the walk I'd really appreciate copies.

Thanks very much,
Michele

That's great. We enjoyed it (even if I had to sit it out with my bad ankle!!!)

Our boy enjoyed it too - he has been flat out on his bed all afternoon!!!

What a smashing walk today.
Thank you Michele and Nic for organising it and taking us through the lovely park.
Thanks too to Kate for once again running the raffle and raising £61 for the homeless hounds.
Thanks to everyone who turned up.
Celia and Jimmy.

The overall organisers of the GBGW have announced that 2288 dogs took part.

Sounds like a great day had by all. Sorry we missed it as we were away on our holidays! Is there no walk scheduled for this Sunday then? x

Hi Trish,
No walk this Sunday.
Celia and Jimmy.