Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Tattoo

Hi Jimmy

That was a lovely morning out walking with all these lovely dogs and people.

I've tried the greyhound data base but they could not find a match. Would you please be good enough to try for me. The left ear is KRB and the right ear is DY.

Thank you

Carolyn

Re: Tattoo

HI CAROLYHN

TYPE IN GREYHOUND DATA BASE THEN
CLICK O N PEDIGREE SEARCH THEN
PRESS TATTOOS

PUT THE NAME OF DOG COLUR BIRTHDAY
THEN EAR MARKS IN THE SPACE FOR LEFT
EAR AND RIGHT EAR THEN PRESS SEARCH

HOOW
PE YOU FIND THE DETAILS LET ME KNOW

Hi Carolyn,
It was great meeting you today. I shall do my best Sherlock Holmes act and try to find out the answer for you.
Jimmy.

Interestingly my dog has 4 characters in one ear and 3 in the other. A greyhound breeder told me he would have been tattoed in the uk (he was born in England) and then had the other tattoes added in Ireland (he has an Irish racing record).

Jimmy

Thank you Jimmy.

Good luck.

Carolyn

hi carolyn

if he raced under rules the greyhound board of great britain may be able to help you with his race name etc telephone no is 020 7421 3770.

if he raced on the independent tracks then as the dog is irish bred you may be able to obtain his details form the irish coursing club who look after the stud book, you can drop them an email to administration@sportingpress.ie it may take them a while to get back but they're usually quite accomodating

Hi Carolyn

I traced my second grey Adam (adopted through GAL) this way. I phoned the Irish Coursing Club, unfortunately I don't have the number anymore as it was over a year ago, and they were absolutely fantastic. They were able to give me the name of his sire, dam and date of birth but not his racing name as he had left Ireland un-named, but through using the info on his dam (who incidentally was rehomed by GRF, her name was Goldie)in the retired greyhound database I found Adam. It's nice to know their history because I'm forever being stopped by people when I'm out walking Adam & Amy and being asked about them. Hope you find what your looking for.