Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Thelma and Louise reunited....FOREVER!

Well we cracked and Louise has joined our crazy gang permanently

We were not really considering a 4th dog (at the moment anyway)but we have always wanted Louise and that was what swung it in the end, that and the fact that it just felt very empty when we returned her after her foster time. I think she was always destined to be with us, this was always set to be her forever home (for once Steve was correct )

She slots into the household just perfectly, it really has not been like taking in an extra grey and it honestly feels like she has always been here. Her and Minnie are constantly wandering around together and having playful nips at each other. Its exactly what Minnie wanted as Jack very rarely plays (very rarely!) and playing with Forth would quickly turn from a game into an assault! Forth has never really understood the term 'only playing', its all or nothing with the big man, he's in it to win it!

So after almost 2 years in the kennels little Lou has finally found her forever home and I can happily report she is one very happy little grey

The only downside is that now her coat is coming through we are starting to get the 2 mixed up!! I feel some sneaky tactics from the sisters coming up in the future!

Ben, Lyndz, Forth dog, Fat Jack, Min and Lou Lou

Re: Thelma and Louise reunited....FOREVER!

I'm delighted to read this morning that you have adopted Louise. I met her when we adopted Rick, she's a smasher. I enjoyed watching your videos. I'm so happy she has come to live with you all for good, great news.

Hi Ben and Lyndsey
thats fantastic news ,great to see these two sisters re-united again,they couldnt have got a better home if they had picked it themselves,well in fact thats what really happened.Good move on your part Louise.

Thanks guys.

There is no doubt the girls picked us, they aint stupid they know how to work it!

Lou is getting spayed today so hopefully that will stop the big man (Forth) from his random mounting attacks (he can never be trusted!)!

Minnie now has her sister and a playmate and they couldnt be happier

I just knew this was supposed to happen when I saw the last video and I couldn't be more delighted!! . I can assure you from experience that '4' is just fine, particularly as you know they all get on.
She must have missed you all terribly when she went back to kennels and this was just the news I was hoping for - well done Lou-Lou!

Hi Marion

It just felt different when we gave Lou back. The other 3 fosters (TC, Jazz & Maj) we all felt that someone could give them a home and that they would fit in just perfectly elsewhere. It didn't feel that way with Lou, it felt like we were giving back our own dog and that this was her home.

It only feels like we have 3 greys anyway as Minnie and Lou Lou are only 'mini' greys (well half the size of Forth anyway!!).

Hopefully her video diary will encourage others to adopt....

We were so chuffed when we read this post........I admired your resolve for fostering when you gave Lou back but we are so glad that the wee minx had obviously worked her magic!

As Marion has already said "4" is the magic number and we have non-stop dramas with our lot (and wouldn't have it any other way!)

Incidentally our Isis has started to smile a wee bit (nothing as impressive as the Louise grin!) but we're working on it!

Hopefully catch up with Louise and yourselves on a future walk and well done once again for taking the plunge.

Hi K + M

We always though 3 was the magic number but more than happy to make the exception this time (4 is the new 3!)

Dramas are just part and parcel of the whole grey experience and like you guys we wouldn't have it any other way!

Lou has actually stopped smiling now (or as much anyway) we are thinking it was maybe a selling tactic she developed in her quest to find a home! She still jumps on you when she hasnt seen you for longer than 15 minutes, which means we now now get a double sister jump!!

Oh wow, good luck to you Forth with these 2 mini minxes in the house now !! If they are anything like Daisy and Milly, sleep is not much of an option, the tag team never sleep !!! Anyway hope you all get on well and Mummy and Daddy are not missing fostering, cause as they said got on well and you were the perfect gent !! Go Forth !

Ben, Lyndz, Forth, Jack, Min & Lou
...(As ever, Steve was correct )

Corrected for accuracy!