Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Lucky Zola?? or Lucky Bobby, Shona and Maisie?? I think it's a bit of both

Hi folks, I thought I would post a message on the forum in relation to our new arrival "Zola" now named "Franco".
Where to begin... firstly having recently lost our Big Boy B and there being that horrible feeling of sadness lingering, there was never a question of us getting another Grey but simply when would be the best time however it was seeing our female Grey "Maisie" just not being herself that made us decide to arrange another visit to GRF.
Awwww I soooooo much love visiting GRF if not just to see all the Greys that need rehomed but also to meet all the team that dedicate so much of their time into this wonderful organisation.
Anyway after meeting all the Greys and walking a few, it was Maisie that made her mind up. As soon as she met Franco the old Maisie returned with her happy tail and cheeky feet. We then walked both of them together and Franco walked like a dream on his lead. From that time we all knew that things felt good and complete once more.
Since getting Franco home it's been a laugh a minute. He's such a character and it's so rewarding to see him progressing by each hour and each day that we have him. Both him and Maisie seem to be settling down nice together.
I dont want to speak to soon but so far there has been no accidents in the house and at bedtime he settles down no problem until our alarm goes off in the morning, when we are greeted by Franco's happy tail and affectionate cuddles.
At walk times he's a dream until he sees the smaller variety of dogs to which he doesn't appear agressive as much as over excited but we understand that this is all new to him and it's also very early days.
Anyway I just wanted to post something on the forum regarding our new arrival and I'll keep you's updated.

Bobby, Shona, Maisie and Franco.

Re: Lucky Zola?? or Lucky Bobby, Shona and Maisie?? I think it's a bit of both

So glad to hear that Zola has found his forever home ,when Zola came in he had shiny baldy thighs so some of us in the kennel would rub cream on his thighsI think it had some effect as we could see some hair growth on his thighs,Zola loved the attention and when he thought you werent looking he would try to lick the cream off , it was a game with him when he seen you coming he would stop and look at you with those fantastic eyes as if to say I wasnt doing anything.Zola is one smart dog he will be a great pet and friend. Good on ya Zola

Brilliant!

Really pleased for u all and especially big Zola 'Franco'. He is a star and I'm sure he is going to make you all very happy

...and Franco...very good, I like it

Well done for making that brave move sooner rather than later - and well done Franco for making Maisie, Bobby and Shona happy again!! I LOVE happy endings.

We are so glad to hear that everything is going so well with Franco .It must have been heartbreaking not only to lose your boy but to see Maisie so unhappy too.

Maisie obviously made a wise choice with Franco.Isn't it funny how the dogs "choose" another buddy!

Our lot chose Isis as our final addition but I think they occasionally have second thoughts as she keeps them (and us!) on our toes.

I'm sure that even although she has a new friend Big Boy B will always have a special place in Maisie's heart!
We are looking forward to meeting you all on a future walk.

I am so pleased to hear my favourite boy has been rehomed and I couldn't be happier for him, he has waited such a long time and I never could understand why he was always overlooked. I am usually there on a Sunday but as I'm on holiday I missed the chance to wave him off. I wish you all many happy years together.

Hi Shona and Bobby,
I'm so glad you have now got Franco in your life. It is so hard when you loose a greyhound. My Mum was in pieces when my best friend Star was put to sleep, for 2 weeks we went walking the same route we always did, I was sad but my Mum was inconsolable, people kept asking "where the other one was" or " only one today" which for the first week or two was heart breaking for my Mum. She stopped crying but I still couldn't go out in the garden or eat my dinner, I was just so sad to have lost my best friend. We eventually went to see Auntie Celia and Uncle Jimmy 2 weeks later and funnily enough they had been waiting on my Mummy coming !!! I'm really glad Maisie has found a new friend in Franco, and this in turn will make you and Bobby happier in time, but you will never forget the great times you had with Big B, he was a handsome boy, I remember seeing him at the first dog show, (that I won !!) but I think I only won cause you didn't enter him in the "best male" catergory !! I hope you remember the good times and then go on to create lots more with Franco, and hope he gets on well with your Dad's dogs, they look like wee angels, even if they are monkeys !

Hi again folks, well thats been a week already since our handsome boy Franco was welcomed into our family and as I previously said "I would keep you's updated".
As im typing this both Shona and I are lying in bed with both Maisie and Franco at each side of us digesting their breakfast prior to us all going for our Sunday morning family walk.
We really cant believe our luck that Franco was a resident in GRF kennels for as long however at the same time we are so glad that he was overloked at times as he eventually found his forever home with us.
He has been a dream this week, there has been no accidents in the house what so ever, both him and Maisie are getting on really well and we all feel as if he's been here for alot longer.
Ive started calling Shona "The Dog Whisperer" as Franco tends to get a little excited shall we say when he sees cats however Shona seems to calm our Franco down in the calmest of fashion.
His trademark seems to be that when he is sleeping, every now and again he will stretch out and give a big groan of contentment which never fails to make us smile everytime.
Well thats them both starting to stir, so we'll get moving and we'll catch you's all later.

Bobby, Shona, Maisie and Franco.

Duke - Thanks so much for you lovely post. You're a very handsome boy & a much deserved winner in first GRF show.
How lucky are me, Bobby & Maisie that Franco (Zola) was overlooked for so long. He is a superstar. He decided on Thursday morning, 5.05am that it would be a great time to steal a slipper & start throwing it around the bedroom - hilarious & impossible to give him a row.
Still no accidents indoors which is just amazing. It's so great to see him taking toys out of the toy bucket - he likes to take them into our bedroom & swap a toy for one of Bobby's shoes or trainers . Franco absolutely adores cuddles & today for the first time he snuggled into Maisie on the couch. Bobby & I had a tear in our eyes.
Everyday he just gets better & better. Although we are all still desperately missing Big Brionnach, Franco has been a tonic & our wee Maisie is a happy girl again