Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dog insurance

Hi everyone

Our pet insurance is due for renewal (and the new additional also needs cover) and we are just wondering if anyone has heard of or has experience of ANIMAL FRIENDS - http://www.animalfriends.org.uk/

- also does anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks

Ben, Lyndz, Forth, Jack and the twins

Re: Dog insurance

We went with Tesco - by far the cheapest, and paid out no problem when Lucy needed an op last year (although we had to settle up front and claim back).

I have also gone with Tesco, and got a good deal when I took it out - two for the price of one, but don't know if that offer is still around. They have been good at paying out - I am on my second claim for Rab in 6 months, and they are paying my vet directly (minus excess!) Plus they seem quite decent when you phone them - they didn't laugh when I said that Rab had had 3 inches lopped off the end of his tail!

I have no experience of this company, we used to have quincy insured with M&S. Very good standard of cover however when the renewal came through it had almost doubled and we havent even claimed. Just taking out his insurance with pet plan now. It is a little more expensive but I know they provide a good level of cover.

Karen

We are with Tesco. We got Suzie in February and she needed a major op in May and they paid out no problem. We paid the whole lot up front first but they were very efficient and quick at paying the money back (minus the excess)

Thanks guys.

We generally move ours around as the renewal is always a chunk above what the initial year was, hence the reason we are on look out for new insurance providers.

Thanks again