Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Quincy's sore leg

Poor Quincy what a day he has had. Quincy and I went out his favourite walk this morning, however when we returned he began making a yelping noise when he was walking and trying to lie down in bed. He was also tender looking around his back leg. I waited an hour or so but he continued to do this and just looked down in the dumps so off to the vets we went. The vet gave him such a good going over and thinks it could be a muscular thing and he got an anti imflammatory injection and some metacam to take for next 5 days. This evening he seemed much brighter and not yelping anymore so fingers crossed this is working. His daddy has been away with work this week also and gran and grandpa and his best friend ghillie away on holiday so therefore I think he is also missing them all too. Anyways he is curled up in a ball on the bed now ( not quite sure he wangled that one) anyways he looks comfy for now.

Karen and Quincy

Re: Quincy's sore leg

Oh dear Karen,
Give him one of them special auntie Celia and uncle Jimmy cuddles.
Poor boy.
Celia and Jimmy.

hope quincy makes a speedy recovery. We are having problems with our tara now. Been told its old age she is 12. Had to cut her walks down as just not coping and siezes up even after short walks. Think this is the start of more problems to come with her :-( x

Hi Jenny,
Try her with Green Lipped Mussel Extract. You can get it from Holland and Barrett. Also Metacam from the vet is a possible solution.
Good luck. We hope Tara gets better.
Celia and Jimmy.

it could have been a touch of cramp my old boys occassionally do the same a quick massage and a cuddle and they are ok but you're right to get it checked if you're worried,

thanks celia and jimmy, will give anything a try x

Hi everyone,

Sorry we have not been in touch busy weekend with work. A quick wee update on quincy. He is like a different boy bounding about leg not bothering him and he appears much happier. The metacam is working wonders, I think it helps John is home now also. Jenny definately worth trying metacam also cod liver oil is good for their joints and aches and pains. Thankyou Celia and Jimmy Quincy liked his hugs and kisses too.

Karen