Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Paddy

It is with deep sadness that I have to tell you that Paddy lost his fight today. We (Jimmy, Celia and I) took him to GRFs own vet for a second opinion, and once the bandaging was removed from the wound it was immediately apparent that there was nothing that could be done for him. He passed peacefully in my arms this afternoon.

In the short time I knew Paddy he was a gentle, beautiful boy who never once complained about his circumstances. This afternoon he enjoyed a short walk to my car, and enjoyed what turned out to be his final journey in a car with the wind in his hair and a great view out, sitting up at times to make the most of it. In his last two weeks the vets and nursing staff at A+G Vets in Bonnybridge took exceptional care of him and made every effort to save him. It is to their credit that he was given every chance of surviving, and shown love and compassion. Sadly it turned out that his injuries were just too severe, and I can tell you that everything that could be done had been done.

I adopted Paddy today, so he goes over the rainbow bridge with his beautiful blue head held high as my dog. I have opened this new thread as I want him to remembered as Paddy, not as a lost grey.

Rest In Peace Paddy

Re: Paddy

so sorry to hear this

RIP paddy

mags

Thank you Steve for what you have done for Paddy! RIP Paddy, run free over the bridge handsome lad xxx

Our thoughts are with you Steve. We were following the handsome chap's progress on the forum and were deeply saddened to read of his untimely death.We are sure that he greatly appreciated the time and kind words of encouragement you gave him. It's a shame he didn't have that little bit of extra fight that might have pulled him through.Run free over the rainbow bridge Paddy.

Steve & Julie,

You did not manage to get Paddy home with you, But a Huge big thank for looking after Paddy to the best of your abilities after Paddy's terrible injuries.

Paddy's injuries were obviously very severe and in the end it was to much for his poor body to cope with.

It was just a pity that GRF could not help the dog before the accident, and poor Paddy would be with us now!!

The angels have increased again as Paddy crossed over Rainbow Bridge.

Celia & Jimmy Thank you for trying to help save Paddy's life he was a Greyhound in desperate need and that is what Greyhound Rescue Fife is about.

We are privileged to be involved with such a great Greyhound Rescue.

R.I.P. Run Free and Pain Free, Paddy

George, Morag

and two very sad hounds Billy & Lassie

Hi Steve and Julie
Thinking of you at this sad time, we thank you for all the love and attention that you gave to Paddy. It is indeed a priviledge work with so many loving and caring people within GRF.
Run free lovely blue boy.
Bert &Irene

So sad. Poor Paddy. But at least he experienced the love, care and attention he deserved and went over the bridge peacefully and with so many people thinking of him.

Steve and Julie, what wonderful people you are and thank you for your efforts for the poor lad.

And to Celia and Jimmy and all the GRF helpers,and the vets, your help and support for Paddy and all the other greys is truly amazing and very humbling.

Run free dear Paddy. We all came to love you.

Kaz, Pat and Ace xx

hi- so sad to read this bad news,what a fine gesture to adopt him today, just a pity he didnt survive to have enjoyed a good life that you would so obviously have given him. r i p.
john.

Hi Guys,
Paddy could get around today but the wound was getting bigger and bigger as the skin was dying around it. Another operation was impossible and he was soon going to be in great pain and septicaemia was almost certain to set in. We all knew that the final decision was inevitable.
We'd like to thank the Bonnybridge vet too. He did not charge GRF for the second operation, which was very kind. Unfortunately, the operation was to no avail.
Celia and Jimmy.

So so very sad to read this post in relation to handsome Paddy.

My heart goes out to you Steve however try and take comfort from the fact that in the short time you had with Paddy, he became a much "loved" grey instead of a "lost" grey.

I know everyone was rooting for him to pull through and to win his fight.

I personally feel your pain having just lost our beautiful big boy B. It's actually still sore to write anymore and im at a loss for words.

Thinking of you's during this very sad time.

Run free over the Rainbow bridge handsome Paddy

Bobby, Shona, Maisie and Franco.

Poor poor Paddy.

So, so sorry about the terrible news - Blake and Breeze were keeping their paws crossed.

My puppies will be getting extra hugs tonight!

Run free Paddy beautiful boy.

Louise

So so sad to hear about Paddy but the kindness and compassion shown to him in his last days will go with him. Steve and Julie what a lovely thing to do to adopt him so that he can now run free as somebodys boy.RIP Paddy x

It's lovely that his last days were filled with kindness from you and the staff at the vets.

Dear Steve and Julie, I'm so sorry for you.
As it turns out, Paddy was spared a great deal more pain, which is the main thing. He didn't 'give up' for a moment, it was just that his body was too damaged to mend.
God had a really bad day when he made greyhounds, as they are big, fast, heavy dogs with skin like paper. But they have the biggest hearts, which is why we love them so much.
You made all the difference to his last few days and he was already yours, even without formal adoption. So it was worth the pain you must be feeling now.
Marion

So sorry for all of you...(hugs)

So sorry to hear this guys.

Steve & Julie, Paddy was lucky to have you guys for his final few weeks and I'm sure Steve's loud shirts helped brighten up his difficult time whilst trying to recover from his injuries.

You guys and Jimmy & Celia (and anyone else who was involved) should be proud of what you tried to do for the boy and every chance you gave Paddy but I guess sometimes what has gone before is just too much for anyone to fix.

It's great to know Paddy had a home in the end and he passed away knowing he was loved and cared for by Steve and Julie and the extended GRF family.

Best wishes from us all

Steve, Julie, Celia, Jimmy and the vets at Bonnybridge - what a wonderful job you have all done, giving Paddy the love that he needed at this time. We are all so sad that he didnt make it, but i am sure that his final hours were filled with the love of you all. You are a credit to GRF and a true friend to every Grey.

So sorry to hear about Paddy. I was so sure he would pull through. It sounds like everything that was possible was done for him and he had lots of love at the end of his life.

Well done to all involved.

Elaine, Steven & our 3 gorgeous greys.
xxxxx

Been away working. Very sad news, reminds me a bit of the struggle Jerry had with skin wounds.

Hi There,

So so sorry to hear about Paddy. I am so happy that you adopted him and at the end and that he had the chance to feel what it was to be loved and truly cared for.

As you will see from our recent post, we too are waiting desparately to find out if our Jenny has survived the night.

Run free Paddy x