Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Please say a wee prayer

Hello to all Greyhound lovers.

My beautiful Jenny has been rushed into the vet hospital last night and still unsure what has really happened to her. She has been suffering from seizures and has been on a 3 week doze of phenobarbetol and about to have blood works done to work out a suitable medication programme to stabilise this. While giving her the pheno. I noticed within the last few days that her tummy was distended and breathing a bit laboured. I thought this was just down to the medication. Yesterday my poor Jenny suffered another seizure, while at the vets I told them about her tummy and to my horror discovered that it was full of blood. The vet decided to do emergency surgery so we had to leave. We received a phone call later to be told after an xray they discovered blood in her chest also, so could not operate. It turns out the vet thinks she has picked up some sort of poison from somewhere due to the symptoms he has discovered. I am at my witts end as don't know where this could have happened. If I can ask that you all say a prayer as, as I type this I don't know if she has made it through the night. I apologise for going on but I am at a loss as to what has happened to my Jenny and feel so responsible. Please Jenny you have been through so much, please fight one more time. Thank you from Diane and Willie. x

Re: Please say a wee prayer

We can understand your anxieties, you probably had very little sleep last night. Our thoughts and best wishes. XX

you must be very upset and anxious. Our thoughts are with you and I'm sure the vets will do all they can for your lovely girl. We are all keeping our fingers and paws crossed for Jenny.

Keith, Mark, Shayla, Muskie, Rosie and Isis

We all hope she wins her fight and beats this. Hang on in there and try to stay positive

Steve, Julie, Kell & Lucy

Hi There,

I am absolutely delighted to say that Jenny made it through the night. She was taken back to the vets from the emergency hospital and her blood is almost back to normal. They have checked her thoroughly and it has been crossed out that she had been affected by poison. They are mystified to what has caused the bleeding but all we can do for now is take comfort in that she is still with us. Her next hurdle is to get her medication sorted out to keep the seizures at bay. I would like to thank you all for your kind words, it meant so much knowing that I have friends out there to turn to in time of need as not everyone is as understanding when they don't have a pet. Lots of Love Diane and Willie and wuffs and kisses from Jenny x

Great news!!

We were watching your post wondering how Jenny got on through the night.
At least you know she was not poisoned which is good,

Although it is the not knowing what caused the bleeding that must be still worrying for you.

We know what it is like having a sick hound and it is a great feeling when you know they are still with you.

Lets hope Jenny is past the worst and it is one way road for her now.

Fingers and Paws crossed

George, Morag,

Billy & Lassie

Glad to hear Jenny is still with you.

Lets hope whatever the problem is it gets sorted quickly.

Come on Jenny, you must get better soon.

Thinking of you all

Kaz, Pat and Ace

Glad to hear Jenny is still with us. It must be a massive relief for you. Sounds like she has made it over one huge hurdle & the next one will be getting her medication right.
Know that we are all thinking of you & look forward to hearing more good news of Juenny's progess & recovery
All fingers & paws crossed
Shona, Bobby, Maisie & Franco x

Hi Diane and Willie,
We're just back from the kennels and didn't know about this.
We're delighted to see that events have turned more in Jenny's favour but we sincerely hope that this is the start od her coming back to full health again.
Poor wee girl - give her a giant cuddle from us.
Please keep us posted. We are thinking about you and if there is anything that we could do, just ask.
Celia and Jimmy.

Hello Everyone,

I am absolutely devastated to have to tell you that Jenny went to heaven last night. We got her back from the vets for the one night and she deteroriated very quickly. We rushed her to the emergency vets in Glasgow and they fought really hard to save her but her blood would just not clot and was in a great deal of pain. I am finding this very difficult to do this message as the pain is so overwhelming. I would like to thank you all on behalf of Willie and myself and will miss Jenny like nothing on earth as we don't have any children she was like our child. So thank you all again for all your kind words and wishes.

Diane & Willie x

Hi Diane and Willie,
my heart goes out to you. RIP Jenny, run free across the rainbow bridge.

Michele

Dear Diane and Willie,
Do try to remember that you gave her the happiness she longed for in life. That it was cut short is very unfair but in no way diminishes its value. Words are hopelessly inadequate at this time but Jenny wouldn't want you to be sad.
Marion

Dear Diane and Willie,
Please do not let your hearts be torn apart! You are wonderful people and Jenny certainly knew and felt that! Life is at times very cruel, causing our grief and suffering but that grief lets us understand we are human beings and have real human feelings.
That teaches us to understand others to be in a similar predicament. I am sure if Jenny were able to speak, she would say:"Come guys, do not be so sad! You gave me all I needed! Having such good hearts there is a lot to be done by you two in the future. Please, do not cry you have not deserved it and I do want you to be so happy and caring as I have seen before!"
I am sure that she is still saying the above words, being on the other side of the "Rainbow Bridge" but the problem is that we humans just can not hear her!
RIP Jenny and please, do not allow Diane and Willie to cry!

Bless you for giving Jenny a loving home. As she runs free over rainbow bridge, remember all the good time you had and those silly things that greys do that make us laugh.

So sad for you both just remember she loved you as much as you loved her xxx H

So sorry to hear this. Our thoughts are with you.

So sorry to hear your sad news, the loss of a beloved pet is devastating, our thoughts are with you.

Oh bless.

Out hearts go out to you! Jenny is free of pain and discomfort now and will be over that bridge playing with all the other greys. She will never forget you nor you her. You gave her a loving home and she knew that.

Words cannot heal your pain, only time will do that.

All our love and sympathies at this sad time.

Kaz, Pat and Ace

Words cannot say how sorry we are for your loss but we are sure you gave Jenny a great life and she loved you very much.

Thinking of you guys at this sad time and sending lots of hugs.

xxxxx

Oh Diane and Willie,
We prayed that this would not happen. We've gone through this many times and it is always the same - unbelievably painful.
Words at this time don't help but please try to remember the many happy times you had with Jenny - not this sad one. Would you have given up all the wonderful times just in order to have the pain removed ?
You had the most wonderful pleasure of a loving greyhound. That memory will last longer than this one.
Our deepest sympathy to you both.
Jenny is now no longer in pain and is happy across Rainbow Bridge.
Celia and Jimmy.

So very sad & sorry to hear about Jenny. It's heartbreaking. Our thoughts are with you both
Run free at the Rainbow bridge Jenny x

Thinking about you at this sad time. Many tears will be cried by both of you but please think of the good times too. As the weeks go on the pain eases. I feel for you.

Heartbreaking news. Our thoughts are with you.

Very sad news and sorry to hear about your loss. Our thoughts are with you.