Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Pets at Home generous donation.

Pets at Home have extremely kindly donated £5200 to build a rotating powered dog walking machine inside a specially constructed building. This would mean that the dogs could be exercised every day, even though it is deep snow outside.

Here are two pictures of the presentation of the cheque at Pets at Home store in Falkirk. One shows Celia and I with Steve Dowd, of GRF, the other with a member of the Falkirk staff.

Pets at Home 1

Pets at Home 2

Re: Pets at Home generous donation.

Fantastic donation! The hounds will love it as they'll be spared going out in the rain and snow - and so will all the walkers - AND the kennels will be easier to keep clean.
One day, Jimmy, you'll just be able to press a button and it will all happen while you have a nice cup of tea and cuddle one of your resident hounds.
At least you don't need planning consent for this building!
Marion

I was impressed by both the generosity of Pets at Home, and at the genuine interest the staff there have for GRF.

Jimmy - you forgot to mention the star model in the photos! Hiker got lots of positive attention and was a credit to himself and the breed. Had I known I was going to be in the pictures I would of upstaged Hiker by wearing one of my now famous Hawaiian shirts!!!

Fantastic news.

And what a good idea!! Especially when the weather is bad outside.

Perhaps we could get one installed for Ace!!

Many thanks to Pets at Home - what generosity!!

Kaz, Pat and Ace

That's brilliant. All the G.R.F greys are gonna love it & it's no more than they deserve

Thanks Guys,
Yes Steve - Hiker was the star - wee doggies running round him - no reaction.
Sorry Marion - Mr Russell the planner is not allowing us to build the wee house without planning permission. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Some things never change.
Celia and Jimmy.

Fantastic donation - well done pets at home!! And well done Hiker for representing the breed so beautifully!! Im thinking i should build Bambi one of these to save her having to go out in the rain...lol x

Jimmy,
Please tell me you ARE kidding re planning permission for the dog walker building?
I'm turning into Victor Meldrew - I SIMPLY CAN'T believe it! Is this just so that Mr R can pass this and look like an 'honorable man' to appease his conscience about single handedly turning down permission for your bungalow? Just who on earth would the dog walker affect, except in a good way?
The walker needs to be up and running before winter sets in, so the generous Pets at Home funding needs to be put to use NOW.
What sort of timescale do you anticipate?
Marion

Hi Marion,
The dog walker will be running in 5 weeks, but, unfortunately, without a roof at the moment.
I wish I was kidding.
Thanks for your support.
Jimmy.