Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Calling all greyhounds

Well, my 4-legged friends, it has come to our notice that our beloved Celia and Jimmy are having a bit of bother with some 2-legged so-called 'planners' who are making life difficult for them and our chums who are rescued but not yet lucky enough to have found forever homes.
This is just the seed of an idea but we think it just MIGHT make a difference if we all got together (maybe outside the Council Offices) and let it be known just how much good Auntie Celia and Uncle Jimmy have done for us greyhounds. We might even get the local press interested and have our pictures taken!
Of course, C&J would have to agree but, if they do, how many of you could persuade your owners to turn up on the day? Please sound them out and reply to this post.

Re: Calling all greyhounds

I neither know the real situation up there nor the rules concerning building new houses in Scotland. I know one thing instead, that besides all the rules there should be so called "common sense". In some situations with the right justification that common sense should lead to some exceptions allowing people to build houses etc. when it is really needed. I am sure there is a "gate" in law that allows to do so when the right circumstances appear.
I think some people holding their positions stick to the rules without taking into account "the other side of the coin", pretending that they do not see what it is really obvious. I would not say it is narrow-mindedness but rather an attempt to cover their back just in case.
I am sure that C&J need help and support from the greyhound rescue community to show the local Council that they do not want to do it for their pleasure but there is a real need to do so to make sure that the kennels are safe and the kenneled dogs get 24/7 care.
I am not sure whether my post is written in a good English but I hope you understand what I mean.

Billy and Goldie and attached humans and labrador prepared to attend. Can do an afternoon.

Michele

Archie and Sweetie will make sure their mum and dad come along!

let me know when and i will bring clyde (ben) and the gang if im not at work

If it's in the next two weeks Kell and Lucy will be happy to attend. They might even let me come along too

Lucy, Lama & Poppy say mum & dad will definitely be there if they can.

Let us know when.

Elaine xxxxx

Aw, gee, shucks, folks.
What a wonderful gesture. It is great to know that we have the support of such a wealth of good friends.
Could we explain the latest on the situaton ?
We are now in the process of going into a review board meeting. The board is made up of non-planners and will judge the case on their own considerations. It is even possible that we might be able to attend. Since no planner is involved it is entirely possible that they could overturn the refusal. Permission would then be final.
If they uphold the refusal then our last ditch stand is to appeal to the planners giving our side of the reasons that they refused the application. It would be at this point where we would be delighted to have your support in such a manner.
The appeal board meeting date is still not known but it could be around the end of August.
Bless you all for all your thoughts and help. Thank you Marion ( sorry Foxy and Bryn ) for your great idea.
Celia and Jimmy.

Thanks for the clarification, Celia and Jimmy, and apologies for the false alarm folks, the long dog delegation may, hopefully, not be required (Fox and Bryn are quite disappointed as they have been doing some strategic planning of their own in terms of how best to deal Mr R (they think R is for rabbit ).
We sincerely hope that the review board comes up trumps for you and will await further instructions.
Marion and the brindle gang

Hi Marion,
Thanks for everything - especially for being a good friend. We will keep our ultimate weapon in storage for the moment, thank you.
Please tell Foxy and Bryn that R is for ROTTER.
Celia and Jimmy.

Hi Celia & Jimmy,

This was the charity I mentioned yesterday: http://www.planningaidscotland.org.uk/ They are a charity who will help provide advice and assistance in planning matters ;)

Good luck!

Hi Amanda,
Thank you very much for that information.
It was nice to see you yesterday.
Celia and Jimmy.