Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Gypsy

I have sad news for those who remember Gypsy the wee whippet/saluki x who wandered around the East Neuk during the winter three years ago. Sadly she slept away two weeks ago , She had a very aggressive form of lymphoma. She was a very happy dog for the last three years with us and had given so much to our family we are all devastated. My granddaughter keeps saying that it is not fair - we can only agree.

Re: Gypsy

Thoughts are with you at this trying time, remember that the last three years, she was so loved.

So sorry to hear of your loss. You gave her three happy years that she wouldn't have had otherwise, and she crosses the bridge as your beloved friend and companion.

Oh dear Beth,
We are so very sorry to hear the news. We chased wee Gypsy for ages around Cupar and we were delighted to finally meet her.
She was a gorgeous wee girl. You can be proud that you gave her the life that she deserved. Fate cruelly took her home and loving family away from her far too quickly, but, thanks to you she discovered the love and happiness that all doggies should get. Remember her happiness - she wouldn't want you to be sad.
Run free across the Bridge little Gypsy.
Celia and Jimmy.

Oh Beth, thinking of you. I remember following Gypsy's story and then had the pleasure of meeting you at a walk at St Andrews beach not long after you had rehomed her. She was still very timid then but such a stunningly beautiful dog.
Fiona

Beth - It's so heartbreaking to read about poor wee Gypsy. I remember well when everyone was trying to find her & posting any sightings. She was a gorgeous wee girl. The first time we met you after you rehomed her. I remember thinking how small & fragile she looked. Obviously not the case though when she survived for so long, outdoors in the middle of Winter. She had a very strong spirit & clearly a hardy wee soul.
She was so lucky to be found & with you find a loving & very much deserved forever home. Her final 3 years were probably the best she ever had. Try & take some comfort from that.
We are all thinking of you & know how painful it is to lose a very much loved member of your family.
Run free little Gypsy x

Oh Beth,

We are both so terribly sorry to hear your sad news about Gypsy. We too are getting over the loss of our beautiful girl Jenny on Friday night and know fully what you are going through. Please don't be sad you gave her the love and comfort she had never known before. Run free our beautiful pets over Rainbow Bridge.

Diane & Willie x

I am so sorry to hear about Gypsy and also Jenny. Please remember that you can send a picture of your dog with a few words and I will ne pleased to post it on the "In Memoriam" page. This obviously applies to anyone who is suffering the sad loss of a greyhound friend, even if he / she didn't come from GRF. My contact details are on the "Contact Us" page.

Again, sincere condolences,
John.

Thanks for all your kind words