Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Farting!!!

Hi there,
I have a problem or my Greyhound(Sox) does.
Really bad wind, worse at night!
Any ideas to claim down the Eruptions!!!
Many Thanks.

Re: Farting!!!

I found that eating less baked beans and drinking less coke helped me, [ahem] I mean Kell...

On a more serious note, try charcoal biscuits. Sox will probably like them too

http://www.dogflatulence.com/

and a bit cut out of the above website:

"Some dogs (my old greyhound used to love this one - that's her at the top of the page) enjoy a spoonful of natural yoghurt as a little treat after their dinner. This can aid digestion and reduce the risk of flatulence."

How intersting about the yogurt, Stan.
I started giving Fox a desert-spoon of greek yogurt at breakfast time when we needed to encourage her leg to calcify. Of course, being an egalitarian household, I was obliged to give the 3 boys some as well (they all love it, especially getting the end of the pot to lick out!).
I hadn't made the association before but, now you mention it, my dear old scavenging, bin-raiding, Kim (affectionately known as 'farting-bum'), has been much more fragrant since then. I'd put it down to a change in the all-in-one diet, but it could well be the yogurt so definitely worth a try.
AND much nicer than Charcoal biscuits Steve

I found the text below on one of veterinary pages (websites).

Feed yogurt

Your dog's digestive tract contains bacteria that help food digest properly. When there aren't enough of these bacteria, bloat-causing gas may accumulate. To improve digestion and prevent gas, it is suggested giving plain yogurt with no artificial sweeteners. Dogs over 15 pounds can have a teaspoon of live-culture yogurt once a day, while smaller dogs can have between one-quarter and one-half teaspoon daily.