Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
1 2
Author
Comment
coffee morning, kinghorn

I have booked the chuch hall in kinghorn on 29th October for a coffee morning in aid of the greyhounds. Any offers of help/advice/ideas/donations would be most welcome.
There is also a new space outside the hall with 3 benches outside if any greyhounds happened by.
As it is Celia and Jimmy`s home town it would be nice to raise the profile of these dogs and to celebrate the work done for them.

Re: coffee morning, kinghorn

Celia mentioned this coffee morning etc to me this morning and I will be glad to come along to help. I will bring some scones, butter and jam, maybe a Lemon Drizzle Cake. However if I'm having a bad day, maybe not a Lemon Drizzle Cake!
Looking forward to it.

It has been said what a pity we can't have a fun thing like the dog show more often. We are delighted that Lynne has decided to hire our local village hall for a coffee morning. We have had a thought that everyone could enjoy a coffee between the hours of 10.30 a.m. and 12.30 p.m. and then collect their dogs from their cars and enjoy a lovely walk to Pettycur sands. At the start of which we will present a cup to the best dressed dog! No, owners are not included in this, so put away your shirts Steve !!!
Donations for Tombola, bookstall, cake and candy, raffle etc. will be greatly appreciated. Lynne who rehomed big fawn boy Ben ( now Clyde ) will be delighted to hear from you with any offers of help at all. J & C are both " HORNERS " of 43 years and we think the folks from Kinghorn have always been a little curious about greyhounds and what we do. So can we please show them ?!
Celia and Jimmy

many thanks Jess. Look forward to seeing you on the day.

Hi Lynne,
This is a great idea. We have some books and bits and pieces of new stuff suitable for a tombola. If we can't make the coffee morning we'll get this stuff down to the kennels before the day.

Michele

I should be able to lend a hand on the day. Will even try my hand at a bit of baking!

I have talked a friend into doing some baking and his cakes are to dye for.

Bert,Irene and Lady Gaga will be at the coffee morning,with thier merchandise table which will have coats muzzles snoods for the hounds, some t shirts,baseball caps,beanies, reversible waterproof jackets,christmas cards and a selection of other cards. Come along and make this a success and help the homeless hounds that we have in our care.
A fantastic idea Lynne

Is there a poster we can distribute to promote the coffee morning? I'd be happy to print off a few and give them to friends down that way.

Michele

Christine is going to make some goodies, lemon curd, chutney etc. I will rustle up some choccie muffins and I'm sure we will contribute to the tombola!

Thank you all for your support.Im hoping it will be a great event and raise funds for the kennels

Can we have a table to sell items for the hounds?

Hello Lynne,
We have some items that need a new home so would there be a space for a table or two so we can try selling it and the hounds will get some benefit out of it?
Richard, Liz with Leo and Carrie

Re: Can we have a table to sell items for the hounds?

Hi Liz and Richard,
There is going to be a bric a brac stall, but will squeeze in another table for you.
I am going to the church hall tomorrow to see how many tables they have, so I can organise some more if need be.The more we have to sell the better. ..

Hello Lynne,

We will get ourselves organised and will bring up a good selection of items for the table. Thank you for squeezing in an extra one. We will bring plenty of stuff so don’t worry about being short of bric-a-brac. I will check the forum regularly to make sure there are enough tables.
Richard, Liz + Carrie and Leo the hounds

Hi. I am selling stuff on ebay for GRF and have some jute shopping bags that are not selling. I will get these to you (if we cant make it on the day)

May I also ask that if there is anything that we can sell on ebay that does not sell on the day, that you let us have it to sell. We also sell stuff through our local auction house for GRF as well. You can check with Celia and Jimmy if you are not sure.

Hopefully we will be able to come along on the day but my husband's work can be a bit last minute.

Thanks

Kaz and Pat Brundell and Ace

Hi Kaz,Pat & Ace.
Thanks the bags will be much appreciated.
I will pass any e bay/auction items etc your way and all other leftovers I will do a small car boot sale for GRF.
I hope you are able to make it on the day as it would be nice to put faces to names .
p.s I have counted tables at the hall and there are plenty to go round

Hi Lynne

Thanks for that. Anyway to raise funds for the kennels is great as far as we are concerned. I also have a few items of kids clothing which are not selling either so will bring them along too. Even if they dont go on the day they might be best sold for a few pennies on a car boot.

Hope to make it, we will if we can.

Regards

Kaz

Directions?

I know this is perhaps a stupid question but is the church hall easy enough to find in Kinghorn? Yeh I know I'm sure those of you who know my sense of directions will laugh! Hoping to come down for the coffee morning and throught it was worth checking exactly where to find the hall!!
Also, Celia/Jimmy is your idea for a potential walk still on for the day - just to know whether to bring Bambi or not? And are the times still 10.30-12.30 for the coffee morning? x

Re: Directions?

Hi Joan,
Kinghorn is a fairly small village. The church hall is right in the centre beside the main road.
Times are as stated. The walk is not too long and there is a gigantofabulounormous prize for the best fancy dressed greyhound.
See you there. Bring Jimmy's pal.
Celia and Jimmy.

Hi Celia & Jimmy

Looking forward to coming to the coffee morning in Kinghorn.

Will bring the sponsor money from the Forth Road Bridge walk for you. Sorry it's been a while coming.

Elaine & Steven xx

We are really looking forward to it too and hopefully there will be plenty of our 4 legged buddies dressed up for the day.

Ace certainly will be!!

Kaz, Pat and Ace

I have also booked a place at Kinghorn car boot sale on the 30th if there are things left over from the coffee morning or if people have items i can add

Re: coffee morning, kinghorn.

Good news coffee morning advertised in Fife Free Press, have also put it forward for the courier.
Raith Rovers have donated 2 pairs of match tickets for the raffle to add to the numerous other prizes kindly donated by other local business.

Bad news Ceilia, the carousel cannot accomodate us as they are serving food at that time.
I could enquire about using the land at the side if we could get a marquee.

Hi Lynne. Good to hear about the boot fair table. I will be bringing a few bits that didnt sell on Ebay and anything that might go better on Ebay than boot sale we will be happy to take back home with us and sell it from this end.

See you next Saturday.

Kaz, Pat and Ace in his best fancy dress outfit!!!!

Hi Lynne, What size of marquee are you looking for??

Dave, Laura and Rue (And the rest)

I`m looking for a marquee that the fancy dress greyhounds can go into if it rains. i have a site to put it close to the coffee morning venue

I have a party gazebo about 6m by 4m if thats any use?

Hi Dave
could we please use your gazebo for saturday
many thanks

Hi Lynne

No Probs will bring it through on sat morn.

See you then

Dave

Hi Dave,
Thanks very much for your kind help.
See you Saturday.
Celia and Jimmy.

Just to note that the dogs are not allowed in the church hall, so the judging of the fancy dressed dog competition will be outside in a gazebo.
We hope that everyone enjoys themselves.
Celia and Jimmy.

1 2