Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
1 2
Author
Comment
Support RBS CommunityForce 2011 and help GRF!!!!!!!!

From the RBSCF website http://communityforce.rbs.co.uk/
"By applying to CommunityForce hundreds of local charities and projects stand to win an award of £6,000 each, with the winners decided by public vote in the autumn.
However, CommunityForce is about more than making a financial contribution. As well as providing a platform for projects to raise awareness of their work, we'll also be providing our time and expertise and encouraging local people to volunteer their own time and talents to support the causes closest to their heart."
"There are three main ways to get involved:
Apply: If you are a charity or project you can apply now to be in with a chance of winning an award.
Vote: In September everyone will be able to vote for their favourite projects. The three projects with the most votes in each CommunityForce area will win the awards.
Volunteer: When voting begins in the autumn, you’ll also be able to join RBS staff in lending a hand to local projects looking for help. "

GRF has applied and our proposed project is establishing a "winter-proof" water supply to the kennels. Everyone remembers the winter and volunteers spent hours physically carrying over water containers from the stables. Water for drinking, cleaning the kennels, the loo......
Please go to the website http://communityforce.rbs.co.uk/ and register so you will be able to vote. GRF NEEDS your support. Please spread the word, tell your friends and workmates.

Voting opens 26 September

Re: Support RBS CommunityForce 2011 and help GRF!!!!!!!!

Count me in, Michele, I love the idea of RBS parting with £6K to give to GRF - mind you, if they hadn't been so careless with their funds, it could easily have been £600K (at least!). We shall be duly grateful

hae added a link to Facebook page the more the merrier!

Thanks very much for that Michele.
Come on now guys, please help us get in our water supply. If you want a cuppa at the kennels in December vote now. The dogs need water too.
Thank you in anticipation.
Celia and Jimmy.

This sounds great. I'm going to go on facebook & get link to share

Will add to my facebook as well, the more the merrier

Hi

Have added it to my facebook page as well and registered ready for my vote.

Love Kaz, Pat and Ace

Voting opens on 26 September 2011

Have you registered?!!!!

GRF NEEDS YOUR VOTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have you registered yet?

http://communityforce.rbs.co.uk/project/387

That's us and to win we need your vote. Please register. Voting begins 26 September.
Photos and videos have been added to the project (sorry about quality of one of the videos- if you want a copy for anything I can email it to you)

Re: Have you registered?!!!!

I have registered to vote

Re: Have you registered?!!!!

Thanks Lynne and everyone who has registered. Please spread the word amongst your friends.

VOTING OPENS MONDAY 26TH

Voting opens this Monday the 26th. http://communityforce.rbs.co.uk/ and register button is in the top right corner.
Please support GRF - the homeless hounds need your vote. Winning this would pay for the water supply to be connected and water treatment system if necessary. Last winter hundreds of litres needed to be carried across the ice to the kennels.
Enlist your family and friends. With your votes we can win this!

Re: VOTING OPENS MONDAY 26TH

I have added my vote

Signed & shared on facebook

Detail of how to vote

Go to http://communityforce.rbs.co.uk Click register at the top right. This takes you to a page where you enter your details and register and then they send you an email to confirm your registration. Click the link in the email and it takes you back to the RBS site. Click "Log in" at the top right and then Click Projects at the top left of the screen. Put the postcode KY13 9JY in the box on the left and click"list" just above. This will take you directly to the GRF project. Click "read more" and then finally you get to the screen where you can cast your vote. Put a tick in the box to accept the terms and conditions and the click VOTE. Wow, what a procedure. The final screen with thank you for you vote and remind you that you have two more votes to cast. Please, DO NOT use these two votes to vote for anyone else as this will just detract from the GRF one.

Re: Detail of how to vote

Good luck hope you are successful

Good Luck with your votes,hope everyone will support this very worthy cause.

Have put this on Flappersdream and hopefully get the ball rolling on there - looking good already - everybody getting involved.
All the best in your quest.

my vote has been added,also put a link on my facebook page, the more votes the merrier good luck guys

A huge, huge, thank you to everyone who is helping in the effort to get the kennels running water in the winter.
Celia and Jimmy.

Hi
I saw your message on the GAGAH forum. Is it OK to cross-post to other dog rescue forums?

Hi folks, I listed all the links and info on my Facebook pages and on the Scottish Mud Club forum. I've asked everyone I know to forward the info to as many people as they can.

Good luck, hope you get your water problem sorted out.

Thank you very much for that Alan.
You are welcome Olga, thank you.
Celia and Jimmy.

Olga
Hi
I saw your message on the GAGAH forum. Is it OK to cross-post to other dog rescue forums?

Thank you! All the support the project is getting is brilliant!
Someone asked me about several people voting on the same computer and that is ok. It's the different email addresses that are important. Also please remember voters must be in the UK and aged 16+.

Thanks,
Michele

Does anyone know how the votes are going?? I, as others have done have been passing the word on through facebook and word of mouth keeping fingers crossed that it gets the votes in!! x

Hi Joan,
At this moment the top four are;
Greyhound Rescue Fife 480.
Friends of Portmoak Primary 202.
Dalgety Bay playgroup 184.
Dalgety Bay Skateboard Project 177.
A great lead at the moment, but if we could do that in 14 days, someone else could do that in the 14 days left. So please keep the votes coming.
Thanks for all your help.
Jimmy.

Come on everyone. If you havent voted yet then get those votes in.

I have put the link on my facebook and also emailed the link to all my friends and family and asked them to vote.

If we all do the same we are bound to get more votes.

Lets keep those votes coming

Kaz, Pat and Ace

Hi Guys,
Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
We got most votes.
Results are:
1. Greyhound Rescue Fife 1158.
2. Riding for the Disabled 884.
3. Dalgety Bay Playgroup 449.
4. Radio West Fife 384.
etc.
One small snag. Everyone's votes are to be validated and winners announced on 4th November. However, look at our lead.

Thank you very much Michele and Nic for setting us on the path with your fabulous project description. Thanks also to our many friends and their friends and their friends who all made this a success story for our homeless dogs.
A humble Celia and Jimmy.

Thats great news, congrats!

So pleased about the result. Fantastic news!!

Elaine & Steven

Excellent !!!!! well done everybody and look forward to official result ! on the 4th (were I will be another year older as well !

1 2