Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
2011 Forth Road Bridge Sponsored Walk

Hi there,
I've applied to the Forth Bridge Authority for permission to hold a sponsored walk. The tentative date is Sunday 25th September 11am. I know this is quite close but hope you will be free to join us. The past 2 sponsored walks across the bridge have been greyt successes.
As soon as the date is confirmed I'll let you know.

Thanks,
Michele

Confirmed!

The date is set. Sunday 25th September 11am.
Meeting place is the car park beside the bridge offices. If you haven't been here before use the road (Ferrymuir Gait)that also serves the Shell petrol station opposite Tesco South Queensferry. From the north it's the first exit after crossing the bridge and from the south it's the last exit before the bridge- opposite the blue Dakota hotel.
There will be links to a downloadable sponsor sheet, bridge guide and walk rules posted soon. If you're feeling artistic (or want to keep the kids occupied for a bit) feel free to create your own sponsor sheet.

Re: Confirmed!

Hi Michelle

Sounds good to us. We will come (I wont be walking though)

Kaz, Pat and Ace

Links to information etc.

Please click the links below to read or download information about the walk.

Sponsor Form.

Walking tour script.

Sponsored walk instructions.

Re: Links to information etc.

Noooooo can't make it im afraid - will be on my Honeymoon (in Blackpool) :-( - hope the day is a great success and I will be thinking of all involved as Im getting thrown about on the Big one lol xx

Re: 2011 Forth Road Bridge Sponsored Walk

We are looking forward to the Forth Road Bridge walk,all greyhounds and lurchers welcome,come along and make this a greyt success.Lets try and smash last years record of £1531 raised thro sponsorship.
Come along and take part in the walk and support Greyhound Rescue Fife.
Bert

Hi Michelle

We are all looking forward to the Forth Road Bridge Sponsored walk. Poppy has a sore leg but will hopefully be better by then.

Elaine

(whispering) weather forecast for sunday looks favourable. fingers crossed!

Hey guys there wasnt enough time for me to get sponsors sorted out Im afraid so I wont be able to take part...shame cos the last 2 have been great! Could we have a wee bit more notice next time if possible? Hope it's a great day guys x

If you're free just come along for the walk Joan. Just as important as raising some money for the hounds the walk is also to get the hounds out amongst the public and spread the word, to show them as pets.
Tell Bambi it'll be more exciting than Sainsburys carpark and she'll see her uncle Jimmy. lol

Michele

See you there folks!

Great to see everyone today. Good turn out I thought.

And at least the weather was good !!
Love Kaz, Pat and Ace

I've got some piccies from todays windy walk but don't seem to be able to attach them to this message -can someone give me a clue how to achieve this?
Much appreciated.
Isobel

Isobel,
you need to upload your pictures to a hosting service - I use photobucket (it's free to set up an account if you don't already have one). Each picture will have an image code and you just put that into your forum post, but make sure the are in lower case or the pictures won't display.
An example would be (but with IMG in lower case, i.e. img)

I want to say thank you to Beautiful Betty for walking the bridge with me, she was brilliant.

An excellent companion who wasnt phased about the traffic noise or the really really windy conditions.

Thanks Betty - you are my new favourite :-0)

Sponser money to follow.

Thank you to everyone, 2legged and 4, that walked for the homeless hounds.
Make sure you check out the merchandise at the next walk! Christmas cards, new GRF wristbands and with winter coming up a great selection of coats.
Best result of the day was that Sammy2 found a new home! Thank you to Neil and Agnes. You made my day.

Michele

Aw glad to hear that everyone had a great day! In the end I just couldnt make it but I'll see u all at the next walk (which is this Sunday isnt it?!) x

Hi Folks, we believe that all the sponsorship money is now in and the dogs have benefitted to the amount of £670. Thank you very much to everyone who has helped to raise that great amount.
The GRF dogs certainly are not going to starve.
Thank you all.
Celia and Jimmy.