Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Mick finally gets his couch

Wee update for Jimmy and Celia and everyone else.

After his tail amputation on Thursday, Mick came home on Saturday. So far he's doing quite well and appears to be quite happy with this arrangement! We've taken to calling him Nick which he appears to respond to already. Though so do the other four hounds so maybe I'm giving him too much credit..!
Photobucket

He appears to quite like his new brothers and sisters - particularly the Staffie/Hound tripawd, who I suspect will shortly recruit him as her partner in crime.
Photobucket

The Collie/Hound and him like to run into the front garden barking together at any noise. He's very confused at this fly-catching activities but he'll get there.

Nick was especially pleased when he found the toybox.
Photobucket

He met the neighbours Chows which caused some confusion and he was very good with them. Stairs were a complete nightmare at first however he has now mastered this. Has tried the couch a few times but doesn't like it very much and prefers to try out all the other beds instead. No accidents at all but the kitchen door is open all the time and he just wanders out whenever he needs to go.

He met our vet this morning who has given him more antibiotics and he's to go back in a week for another check on how his tail wound is. His temperature is now normal and he's doing very well physically.

So far he's fitting in very well - even with the hound who has dementia that I was most concerned about. Although the Princess greyhound is largely ignoring him for now but hopefully she'll include him in her morning inspection of her subjects shortly!
Photobucket

Re: Mick finally gets his couch

Hi Amanda,
Thank you very much for updating us on Nick. He is a nice big boy and we're so happy that things are going well. It's great that he is settling in with the rest of his family.
We love the photos. Good on ya Nick.
Give him some GRF cuddles.
Celia and Jimmy.

So happy to see (M)Nick enjoying himself. He looks a different dog in your photo's (and I don't mean the tail thing!) so he is obviously taking to home life just fine

Great to see the boy having a good time

I was so pleased to see that Mick had a new home, he was one of my favourites when I volunteered at Union Farm, but we didn't think that Brhea would get along with him, so we couldn't take him.

So pleased that the last of Sonics Union Farm kennel mates has a home

He's fitting in very well and is now best mates with the Princess! He's a bit too interested in our rescue hens though...

our hens fight back when the girls get too close !
I have heard a sharp yelp now and again

mags

They've sorted the other hounds out but Nick reckons its great here because we even supply fast food! I'm introducing him slowly but I suspect he'll never be hen-safe! A bit too keen on cats too. However he has been out with my parents not-so-dog-safe Chinese Crested Powderpuff and is fantastic with him!