Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Where does the time go???

I have just realised that on Thursday it will be 3 years since Bambi came home to live with me!!! Can't believe how fast that has gone by!!Maybe it's time now to accept that she will never be friends with non greyhounds...naa she might still change her mind!!ha ha! Unbelievable to think that my beautiful girl will turn 9 at the start of November too - and she still always gets admiring comments when she is out parading herself and trying to enlist new humans as friends!! Still am so grateful to Celia and Jimmy for taking the chance on me and letting me bring Bambi home she makes every day for me! So for those of you thinking of taking home a hound remember that altho it's hard work at times initially it is just the best thing you will ever do..and thats said even taking into consideration my permanently damaged shoulders!!ha ha! So, a big cheer for my Bambi girl!! x

Re: Where does the time go???

Happy "Gotcha Day" for thursday Bambi!

From the carpark crowd lol

Hi Bambi,
Happy Joanday from your Auntie Celia and Uncle Jimmy. After three years you are still Uncle Jimmy's best pal.

I know what you mean Joan, we met Bambi the first time we visited the Kinghorn kennels nearly 4 years ago. She got away from Jummy while he was greeting us and jumped into the back of our estate car, with our 3 hounds on board. Poor Jimmy nearly had a fit, anticipating potential carnage, but my lot were too surprised to be possessive of their space and Bambi just assumed she would be welcome and said 'Drive on!'. She's such a character and she's perfectly matched with you. You've done wonders with her and, you know, even if she suddenly 'converted' to loving all dogs, it would probably take you ages to get used to the idea. I've thought that about Bryn - I'm not sure I'd ever quite believe it.
Happy anniversary and many more to come!
Marion