Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Zippy's 99-er Day Out

I took Zippy into Perth today so that he could show himself off to his best advantage. I'm sure that when the bedraggled dog returned to his kennel he was thinking 'Well! I don't know what that was all about but thank goodness I'm home'. It poured and we spent most of the time moving from one doorway to another! The highlight of the trip was the huge 99-er vanilla ice-cream cone from Thornton's. Of course I ate the chocolate! He could not get it all in his mouth at the same time so at least half of it landed on the pavement and he spent about ten minutes licking every bit up. Then he started on the sugar cone. His tail was definitely in a happier position after that pick-me-up.
He spent a lot of the time looking, I think, for the other greyhounds. I don't expect he's been out on his own before and he was a bit confused as to where they'd gone. But he was close to pigeons and a few other dogs and did not make any attempt to chase any of them. He was quite relaxed.
The highlight of the day for me came when I asked at Thornton's door for a cone for Zippy and the assistant replied "What flavour would he like?" Brilliant!!!
We'll pick a better day next time, Zippy!

Re: Zippy's 99-er Day Out

Incidentally, what flavor did he go for??

Shame you didn't get the weather but sure Zippy enjoyed his day out regardless.

Hope it helps him find his forever sofa soon, he has been waiting a while. He's a lovely boy too so got my fingers crossed for him.