Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Suggestions please

Hi all the wonderful people of GRF!!

Just need a little bit of advice and where better to come?

I am fortunate enough to have adopted 2 wonderful Greyhounds this year. I live in Northamptonshire so unfortunately they are not GRF dogs.

Problem being is that my gruesome twosome are going to be spending a month with my parents in Perth starting at the end of November (husband and I organised a holiday a while before getting the dogs)
My 2 are used to going to their local 'greyhound playgroup' once a week for a free running session and general play around.

So I need some ideas on places for my parents to walk my greys and possibly find some place to run them.

We know what wonderful people you are, I had just adopted my first grey (Holly) and we gate crashed your GBGW in Dundee and were made to feel very welcome. After seeing so many great hounds we adopted Harry just over a month later.

I look forward to hearing your suggestions

Thanks for taking the time to read this

Regards

Emma, Andy plus Holly and Harry the greyhounds xx

Re: Suggestions please

Hi Emma,
You are more than welcome to allow your dogs to run free in our long, high fenced paddocks.
Best if they came any day after 2pm when the dog walkers are finished walking.
Hope this helps.
Celia and Jimmy.

Hi, we're in Perth and there are quite a few nice walks although not really anywhere to let them off the lead i'm afraid. Kinnoull hill has some lovely walks, we usually start at the Jubilee car park, there are several different routes from there.
The North Inch is also quite popular with dog walkers.
There is also a lovely walk at the start of Scone at the Quarrymill. It takes you through the woods to along side a river and a few waterfalls.

Katherine,

Many thanks for your reply

It really helps thanks. Been away from Perth for 12 years and it is difficult to know what parks and walks etc still exist. Funnily enough mum and dad hardly walk their dog in Perth anymore apart from where they live in Oakbank. However I know they will want to get out and about with my 2 as they are so proud to be Greyhound grandparents and love showing off the breed to people!

You would really let them do that?

It would be fantastic if just even once, they could get a decent run without any worry.

I think my dad (Lindsay Findlay) sponsors a kennel (or did) but has never been to see your wonderful place.

I am so grateful for your help, you really are wonderful people xxx

Emma

You're very welcome Emma.
Celia and Jimmy.