Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Boots:

Hi, Boots (adopted 26th January) is settling well into his forever home with us Already, we can see his personality emerging, and he has stopped demanding to sleep with us and now sleeps happily in his own bed He is so affectionate and loving. Celia & Jimmy - you do a wonderful wonderful job there - thank God for people like you, and your volunteers. Thank you ... from us and Boots xx

Re: Boots:

Hi Susan,
Thank you for the kind words but it is people like you who make the rescue work.
Thanks for taking Boots into your home.
Celia and Jimmy.

..... and without you two, and your dedicated volunteers, there would be no Fife Rescue in the first place!

Bootsie seems very settled, although he is not keen on being left in the house alone yet - we got a crate, and are trying to get him used to that. This afternoon, I put him in it, with a pig's ear, for 40 minutes whilst I did the ironing - he did cry a little.

See you soon xx

Hi Susan,

I got Eddie nearly 3 weeks ago now and he isn't keen on being left alone either.

My vet suggested a plug in thing that eminates pheromones or something, and it keeps the dogs calm. I'm going to see how much they are etc and get one for Eddie boy. See if that helps!

Hope Boots is having a great time settling in :)

Jen

Thanks for that Jen .... will look into it. Guess Bootsie has only been here for 6 nights! Is Eddie settling well with you? They are amazingly affectionate, don't you find? Susan

Yea Eddie is settling in really well! An your right so affectionate. I ind Eddie almost human like with some of his characteristics! Lol.

He lies on the sofa with me all the time giving me lots of cuddles and kisses.

How's boots with other dogs?

Jen

Boots is exactly the same - he is lying next to me now, curled up, having had his tea - exhausting life !! Was trying to do something on the laptop earlier, and he just kept putting his face on top of my hand as if to say "stop that & cuddle me" !! He wanted to sleep with us the first couple of nights but, since then, has gone to his own bed quite happily. He seems fine with the other dogs he has met so far - my parents have a Swedish Vallhund, which is quite small, and we haven't introduced them yet. Is Eddie good with other dogs? He is a beauty - looked him up on 'The Lucky Ones'. How amazing to be as forgiving to humans as the greyhound ... just love him to bits. Susan

Yea Eddie is like that when I'm on my phone etc he looks at me and then let's out a huge sigh ... SUCH A HARD LIFE! Lol!

Well my mum and dad have a springer and an Australian terrier he is fine with the springer (think he fancies her) but still isn't 100% sure if the terrier is a real dog or a rabbit that barks!

He cried the first night and used to bark as we put him in the kitchen to make sure any accidents were easy cleaned.... But he got out the kitchen one night and slept soundly so I've let him get his own way on that one!

Boots is a stunner too! I seem him when we were up at the kennels taking Eddie runs etc.

I know what u mean in terms of them being so forgiving... Eddie instantly loved me haha!

Jen x

Yeah, what is it with those RIDICULOUS sighs ?!?

Is this your first greyhound too then?

They do seem to adore their humans .... it's very sweet .. most of the time !!

Will maybe meet you & Eddie up at the Kennels some time - we intend taking Boots there for a run, as we don't have an enclosed garden.

Susan x

First greyhound... But I'm sure won't be my last!

I don't have an enclosed garden either... So took Eddie for a run the other week... He ran down, sniffed his way back and pretended to be dead the rest of the day! Haha.

Yea and if your planning on going on any of the walks probably see you then as well?

They all seem to have the same characteristics !!!

Would be lovely to meet you & Eddie - keep in touch.

Susan x

Hi Susan,

Don't know what your work commitments are like but I've asked Celia and jimmy if I can take Eddie to the runs tomorrow after 1.30... If your free u could always bring Boots along too :-)

Jen

That would have been lovely Jen, but I'm afraid I've already made arrangements for tomorrow .... Bootsie & I would have enjoyed that. Hopefully some other time - let me know when you're next going. We were up at the Kennels at the weekend, collecting Bootsie's new coat - he does look smart ;-) Hope all well with you & Eddie xx