Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
shaky legs

Hi all,
I was wondering if anybody has the same problem. Floyd’s back legs recently started shake a lot. He is standing and his legs go all shaky quite a bit, other people started noticing that as well. He does not seem to be in any discomfort but I was wondering if there is some reason for that. Can dogs suffer from Parkinson’s? Should I go have it seen to? Somebody told me that dogs do that however he has not been doing it before so why would he start now?
Monika

Re: shaky legs

I think you should take him to the vets to get him checked over, especially if it's come on suddenly.

I agree with Steve, you should take him to the vet for check-up.

hi monika, what age is your dog, two of mine started to get a bit shaky around 10 years old but it was purely old age catching up with them

Hi Liz,

Floyd is going to be 6 this year, I honestly think it is not serious, he does not do it all the time, just some time, I think it is his age and his racing career, he does not seem to be bothered about it or distressed but he has got appointment with vet anyway just to see.

Thank you

Monika

Hi,
Just to return to the above problem, vet seen Floyd and apparently it can happen in greyhounds, it can also be some neurological problem with spine however he checked his back and also his reflexes in his back legs and said he would not worry about it, it is just probably his age catching up with him. If there is further deterioration or problems with limping or so he would do MRI scan but since he has no problem walking or running it is probably fine.

My Annie is 12 now, in the best of health for her age and has had shaky legs for ages - we call it her Elvis impersonation! Can't say we have ever been concerned about it whilst she is in good fettle otherwise.