Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Knitting patterns?

Hi folks, someone I know has offered to knit the wee greyhounds for our fundraising. I cannot for the life of me remember who posted about the patterns, but have absolute faith in your collective (younger and sharper) memory in pointing me in the right direction ... just put it down to me having a senior moment ....

Re: Knitting patterns?

Hi Jenni,
it was Jackie that posted originally.

Hiya,
Aye twas I!! going to start knitting the morns night at my craft meeting in Betty Nicols pub in High Street Kirkcaldy 7pm onwards! got some wool from Poundland so am going to give it a go!!
All are welcome to come along.
Love Jackie

That's great, thanks for getting back. Do you have any patterns - I have 2 willing volunteers poised and ready to knit for us.

michele has emailed me some fab patterns for hats n bags so going to start knitting! will email you these patterns
Love Jackie n Susie

Have nearly finished the first hat for the greyhounds!! dont know if this one is good enough for sale as I did say Im not a very good knitter but practice makes perfect!!
My good friend has donated 9 balls of DK wool and each hat requires 2 balls,so giving myself knitters elbow and hubbys ears are singing with the clattering of needles!!
Hope to have a selection at the kennels for sale for the winter season!!
Love Jackie n Susie
PS
Do you think I could train Susie to knit??lol!!

Hi Jackie

I also have a copy of the knitting patterns Michelle has so am going to do some knitting too and will give them to Celia and Jimmy to sell at the kennels.

Kaz Brundell

Jackie,
Do you still need wool?
A lady at my late Mum'e care home has a supply of leftover wool from knitting jumpers for charity (can't say what colour or how much of each). She was looking for someone who might use it so I could pick it up and bring along on Sunday if it's of interest? - or we could give her a pattern and get them knitting for the greyounds! Let me know what you think.
Marion

Hi folks could someone kindly e-mail me knitting patterns for the greyhounds i will give it a go-cheers my e-mail is torryburnlass@aol.com thanks

Hi Marion,
thank you for the offer of the wool that would be great!! We are going on Sunday so would collect then and share out if there are other knitters there or as you suggested we could get others involved in the knitting if they are willing!!
I will try and email the patterns to all who want them but not very techno minded!!lol!!
See you on Sunday!
Love Jackie

Hi Jackie got an e-mail but there was no attachment

Pants!! I told you Im crap with technology!! Will get hubby onto the case tonight!1 sorry about that!! I dont have a printer at home or I would print out the patterns,as is, I had to hand write them all out from the original email!! couldnt knit for days afterwards,lol!! see you all Sunday!
Love Jackie n Susie

Hi Jackie,
I've made enquiries to the care home about the wool but, apparently, the 'large quantity' stated by the resident is not so large, and is being used up internally, so no wool, I'm afraid. If the pattern isn't too complicated, I'd be happy to take one along and see if they'd like to knit some for GRF.
Afraid I won't make the Dunf walk after all but hope you have a great time.
Marion

Not to worry about the wool,sorry you cant make it on Sunday this will be our first walk!!Hope the weather is good to us!!xx