Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
DILLY IN SEASON

Well, that's it, Dilly's in season with a vengeance, her first, quite late at 18 months? Anyway, how long is it likely to last can anyone tell me? Have already had to send all the bed covers to the launderette once she decided to jump all over the bed and there is "spotting" all over the house and car. Guess what I have planned for her in the near future, bless her.

Re: DILLY IN SEASON

I think it lasts about three weeks Isobel.

she could bleed up to aweek after 21 days she should be safe from being bother by dogs

Hi,

Wisp had her season it lasted 3 weeks exactly but was very heavy! First week wasn't so bad, but the second week wasnt just spitting it was actually pools!

But they're most suspetible in the second week I think...

It varies a lot. Lady's lasted five weeks, and heavy at that. I think that's exceptional though. It was horrendous!

Thanks for all the responses - definitely not having thia again - the suede sofa is the latest casualty! My neighbour gave me nappies and a pair of her wee girls pants - Dilly looks ridiculous and walks like John Wayne but it is saving the house a bit.

Hi Isobel,
21 days is normal, 28 days very unusual.
12th day is the peak day.
Have fun
Jimmy.

Well, Dilly has been in season now from September 20th and just when I thought we had turned the corner she seems to be as bad as ever since yesterday. I'm not sure where I got the idea that it was best to let a bitch have a season before spaying but I truly wish I had acted against it. This has been horrendous and even the wearing of pants and nappies hasn't avoided the mess and the smell, it has cost more in cleaning soft furnishings and (soon) carpets (together with 3 new dog beds getting delivered tomorrow) than it would for the wee op. God bless her, she's been miserable most of the time, except for Sundays walk when she took a shine to Bolt!.
From now on I would advise anyone not to wait for a first season to spay - get it done as soon as practible. We're booked in for January now.

Sorry she is not any better poor girl

She made me laugh when she was eyeing up Bolt on Sunday , she is a lovely girl

Hugs to her

Mags

I know it's difficult but if you don't know the last time the bitch was in season you shouldn't get them spayed. All the capillaries fill up and if you get them spayed at the wrong time they can bleed out. Also it takes 3 months after for everything to settle down inside their bodies - I jbow it's a pain but you've done the right thing waiting.

I was lucky in the sense that I had a leather sofa and laminate flooring. I put boxers on wisp and put her tail through the pee hole :)

These helped slightly but not a lot!

Good luck :-) xx