Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Sue's first week in her Forever Home

Hi Everyone
I'm Katrine, and I was lucky enough to adopt the adorable Curly Sue last week.
I've renamed her Grace, simply because her grace and beauty took my breath away. She seems delighted with her new name - indeed Grace is delighted with everything

I can hardly remember a time when she wasn't with me, seems she's always been in my arms and my heart. Her transistion to her new home and life has went without a glitch. Poor little soul did have an upset tummy for a few days following her de-worming treatment, but not even one accident indoors - now, that's one very clever Grace

These last few days since she been feeling better, her character and pure sense of fun have been a constant source of joy. And she has truly become my shadow. She follows me everywhere, and "helps" with everything. Grace has filled a huge aching hole in my heart after several terrible berevaments. I guess that's another reason I picked Grace as her name.

Her sweet little snowflakes and curly top have won the hearts of everyone she has met. She's an amazing;y friendly, affectionate dog, and becomes more so each day. She's even made friends with a little hedgehog in the garden, and helped me rescue a poor little injured magpie yesterday (now safly rehomed at SSPCA wildlife centre). I think it's fair to say Grace has a very low prey instinct, and wants to be freinds with all creatures great and small. Saying that, we are still being very careful on walks - short leash and muzzle at all times. Grace is adapting so well to my powered wheelchair, and seems to fully understand she must walk at the side without the power controlls. Only times she gets a little confused is when we have to cross the road and there's no lowered kerb - my turning backwards to drop of the kerb, and forwards to mount the other kerb does have her a bit confused - life would be so much easier if drivers didn't block the lowered kerbs.

Grace has her first vet's check-up on tuesday. I'm confident everything will go well, and hopefully we'll be able to arrange to have her spayed soon.
Will let everyone know how she get's on, and I promise loads of photos soon.
Maybe even manage to catch a photo of her goofy dance - but no promises there - I'm usually helpless with laughter.

Huge thanks to Celia and Jimmy (and all the wonderful staff) who kept my beautiful Grace safe until we found each other.

Hugs Katrine and Grace

Re: Sue's first week in her Forever Home

Read you blog with a wee lump in my throat n tear in my eye as its truly amazing
how owning one of these beautiful dogs can change your life.
You mention her goofy dance,Susie does this when she spots a cat or other interesting thing to chase and she goes into what I call her"prancing pony" or dressage for dogs!! its sooo funny!
Love Jackie n Susie x

Hi Katrine,
the bond between you and Grace (Sue) could be seen instantly. It was one of the most amazing things I have seen in my whole life. From when you were outside with her talking with Celia and Jimmy when we first arrived to sitting on the couch together inside. To anyone just walking in you would have thought you'd been together for ages and were perhaps back to pay a visit. I seriously thought Grace was already yours and you'd come back to adopt a friend for her. When you went to the loo her eyes never left the door.
I'm so pleased things are going great for you two together!

Best wishes,
Michele

I think you and Grace recognised a need in each other, and immediately bonded ~ good luck to you both!

Susan, Mo & Bootsie xxx