Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Wee Tinkerbell (Babe) page 20 of 'the lucky ones)

Some time ago i posted my dilemma of wee Tinkerbell, and her teeth. The vet i had taken her to, to get some dental work done, was unhappy to give her an anaesthetic due to a bad heart condition. Naturally despite my cleaning them and trying to chip away the tartar/plaque, her teeth became unbearably bad. I truly felt that she was suffering with it all. The smell from her mouth would have knocked you dead. I didn't know at that time if i could go down the route of getting her put to sleep, after all it was only her teeth, and she was happy/go-lucky all the time.
Anyhow..... I am so happy to say, that i found a lovely vet in a new practice nearby, who saw and assessed her, and she was booked in.
She survived, and the poor love had to get every tooth in her head out!! It took the vet 2 and half hours!! He was fantastic!! I got lots of analgesia for her, and i stayed with her that 1st night in the living room. She got her analgesia, and at one point, about midnight, she seemed upset. I just didn't know what to do, as she had had all her medication. I had tried her with a little soft food in the evening, but although she seemed to want it, she understandably couldn't take it. So i tried again with soft bits of bread, and some soft meat all mushed up.. she scoffed it all and slept all night!! The wee soul was only hungry?!!!!
That was about 2and a half weeks ago, and she is eating normally altho a bit slower, and she is running about and totally fine.
I am sooooo happy as she is really a goofy gal, and to lose a charachter like her, in those circumstances, would have been gutting.
I will post a pic of her when she is sleeping. She looks soooo cute as her tongue hangs out now!!!