Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
HAIR LOSS:

Just wondering if anyone has ever had a similar problem to this ..... Bootsie seems to be losing patches of hair around his neck - mainly where his collar sits :-( I am trying to keep his collar off in the house just now. He is eating like a small horse, and everything else is fine ... other than a bit more dandruff than usual, but am putting this down to the central heating being on more, and him wearing his coat more!

Any advice would be gratefully received :-)

Thanks,
Susan.

Re: HAIR LOSS:

Hi Susan
Just read your post and having the same problem with Susie,Im putting oit down to her moulting her coat in prep for winter coat as the amoumt of white hair from her chest area today was huge!!
Im looking into buying a Furminator brush for her to help take all the loose hair away and she has very dry skin,so awfy flaky,giving her sardines once a week,tried her with tuna but that upset her stomach!!
Heard that you can get fish oil capsuls for dogs too to help with the skin and fur??
Hope to catch up with you next Sunday!
Love Jackie n Susie

Try a t-tree oil spray its good for their coats

Hi Susan
got the same with Missy, I think its with her pulling and the collar nippig the fur due to this. I have done same, took collar off as much as poss in the house. the two of them are still bald behind ears tho.
I brushed my two yesterday omg a carrier bag full, must be the central heating. Will need to brush daily now as my bed covers had loads of wee black hairs (a dead give away lol.
see ya soon
Mary

Heres a link which might help you for hair loss,condition and various other things.
It`s got quite a comprehensive section on pet remedies and like everything else some things may work for some and other things might work for others, however it`s always a good reference point.
http://www.earthclinic.com/Pets/acvfordogs.html

My Tully used to get bald bits on his neck however as a fawn, you could clearly see it was red too. Turned out he had a nickel allergy. I changed him to a martingale collar and that seemed to help. Good luck!