Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
GRF Charity Night Thornton

On behalf of myself, Shandy and the staff at GRF. We would like to thank everyone of you who supported the event.
A Grand Total of £1800 was raised, this will be doubled to £3600 by BP Match giving.
This money was raised by donations, sponsorship, raffles, tombola & scratch cards.
A very delighted Rhona Pirrie won the hamper.
Many thanks to Paul & Sandy for their £250 donation.
Congratulations to all the dog owners and connections on their wins in the finals.

George & Shandy

Re: GRF Charity Night Thornton

Hi George and Shandy,
My goodness, what a fantastic result. That certainly takes care of a lot of our bills. Thank you very much for all the time and effort you put in to help us. Thanks too to Sandy and Paul for a superb donation and allowing us to have the night.
Thanks in fact to everyone who helped, including John's mammoth supporting group from the Carousel bar in Kinghorn. .
We were made very welcome in spite of the weather. It was just a pity that only eight people from GRF came to support a wonderful donation.
Celia and Jimmy.

I had an amazing night. Unfortunately picking winning dogs is not my forte however I did win a grand totall of £3. This would have been £4 if Celia didn't tell me a "dead cert" which came an outstanding 3rd out of 4!
My technique was to pick a dog that looked like Eddie and hope for the best. Unfortunately this didn't work so wouldn't suggest this as a winning tip to anyone!
I'd like to say thank you to the people taking bets for putting up with me.

Had a great night despite the cold and rain. All my friends had a good time too and won considerably more than me! Glad it raised money for the kennels. That should keep the hounds warm over Christmas!

I would like to thank all who took part in the Charity night at Thornton especially George and Shandy, all the dog owners who donated their prize money to GRF,to everyone that bought from our table, to the man who donated 4bags of dog food to everyone who gave and made the night a success for Greyhound Rescue Fife and all the dogs we have in our care.
Bert McCurdy for Greyhound Rescue Fife